NEW Jeep JL Wrangler Spy Shots & Production Dates

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A recent article written by Adrian Padeanu on Motor1.com had little to no new information regarding the Jeep JL Wrangler that slated to be relased later this year but they did have a host of new spy shots posted up and some that might interest you. As you can see below, you can get a pretty good idea of what the new squared off screened grill will look like and the close up shot of the tire does point to it running at least a 265/70R17. Hard to say for sure but it could even be a 285 which would be really nice. In one of the shots, you can kind of see the passenger side dash and air vent and being that it looks so much like a current JK, I'd have to say that this is still just a test mule. At least, it would be lame if Jeep didn't come up with a new look inside. On a side note, I do find it odd that we have yet to see a single spy shot of a 2-door JL Wrangler. Kind of makes you wonder about its future.

Anyway, I'd love to hear what you guys think about these spy shots. I know some of you have really good eyes and I've love for you to point out things that I might have missed :yup:

Here's the link to the Motor1.com article where all these photos were found. In it, you'll see information regarding plans to have the JK continue production for several months after the JL is released.

http://www.motor1.com/news/132483/2018-jeep-wrangler-production-november/

So far as we know, we should be able to see official press releases on the Jeep JL Wrangler by September 2017.

By November 2017, people should be able to place an order for a 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler

Official production of the Jeep JL Wrangler should begin by November 15, 2017

WJCO

Meme King
The fender shape looks like they may hug the body more. I definitely see solid axles which is a good thing.

longarmwj

I'm digging that grill design!! I just wish they would show more of it instead of covering up every part of it :grayno:

Ddays

Hooked
* Good point on the 2 door - that'd be a shocker if they dropped that though.
* Can't tell if the windshield still folds but honestly can't see why that would really matter anymore
* front lower control arms look like current version & not the version on the RAM pickups?
* that's a damn good disguise - can't really pick much out!

Edit - are the control arms tubular now? I tried enlarging the photo but it loses too much detail & I can't see for sure.

Last edited:

longarmwj

* Can't tell if the windshield still folds but honestly can't see why that would really matter anymore
* front lower control arms look like current version & not the version on the RAM pickups?

Edit - are the control arms tubular now? I tried enlarging the photo but it loses too much detail & I can't see for sure.

It would/wouldn't surprise me if they dropped the 2 door eventually. I know that when my inventory manager orders, he orders three 2 doors for every 10 4 doors. We sell way more 4 doors then two doors. But at the same time, Jeep knows that going away with a 2 door would drive away a lot of the fan base :thinking:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL on the mirrors!! If you look at some of the shots from the back 3/4s, they actually look like what the JK's have now. I think the covers just make them look crazy big from the front :crazyeyes:

Hard to say for sure on the arms but I think they are still the same or similar to what come on the JK now.

It would/wouldn't surprise me if they dropped the 2 door eventually. I know that when my inventory manager orders, he orders three 2 doors for every 10 4 doors. We sell way more 4 doors then two doors. But at the same time, Jeep knows that going away with a 2 door would drive away a lot of the fan base :thinking:

I'd be hard pressed to think that the 2-door would ever go away but I know it's becoming a lot harder for FCA to justify being that it has such a massive carbon footprint. If I recall, it's carbon footprint is bigger than a Hellcat Challenger. :shock:

That's what I'm thinking too and it would make the most sense. I just couldn't tell for sure.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I think the finish is a bit wrinkly for me, but I really can't tell much. Looks like a Jeep!

truckeeboy

Those Mirrors

Never see the front wheel and the rocks with those mirrors, poor idea.

chitown35

LOSER
If they would find a way to shorten up the 4 door by about 8-10 inches, maybe there wouldn't be too many complaints about doing away with the 2 door.

what does everyone make of the different tires?

At first I thought maybe one model was a Rubi and one was a standard JKU, hence the different tires. We know that current Rubi's have the BFG M/T while the JKU Sport has the Goodyear SRA tire as OEM. Is Jeep switching to the BFG KO2 and Duratrac now?

Also, it appears that both models had differing tires but both had the red "Rubicon" shocks.

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
I zoomed in on the license plate and i'm pretty sure it said Michigan. Lol. Just messin. Threads like this gets me excited for the forward progress of the Jeep. Makes me wonder about the 2 door tho. I guess time will tell.

Moochie

I wonder where they took these photos at? It looks like the desert somewhere. Maybe Death Valley. I've seen other manufacturers test new vehicles in DV.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom