Aerial Spy Shots of the all NEW Jeep JT Wrangler Pickup Truck

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In the same article published in Motor1.com highlighting news that we already knew about the Jeep JK Wrangler continuing to be produced for several months along side the all new JL Wrangler, there were a host of aerial spy shots of the all new Jeep JT Wrangler Pickup Truck and I thought you might be interested in seeing them. As we get closer and closer to the release of the JL, we are starting to see more and more proof that this unicorn of a Jeep truck is really going to happen. Let me know what you think about these shots and please post up anything interesting you might be seeing. :cool:

jeep-wrangler-pickup-truck-spy-photo.jpg

These photos were found on Motor1.com
http://www.motor1.com/news/132483/2018-jeep-wrangler-production-november/

If all stays on track, the Jeep JT Wrangler Pickup Truck should begin production by September 2018.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Man, I hope they keep the freedom top panels, or something similar. I can't wait to see what the final body/bed combo is going to look like. I'm excited for this one! Thanks for posting Eddie!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Pretty sweet looking. I've been considering buying a Comanche and fixing it up a little for a pickup, but if the price is right I may wait and see if this is an option.

Franck

definitely looking forward to this one :dont_tell:

thanks Eddie for the sharing :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
Grrrrrrrrr. These guys are doing a damn good job of disguising these JL's - can't pick out any defining details!
Still running that RAM bed it looks like. Until someone gets a shot of the actual bed its gonna be real tough to
figure the proportions out. Please please please I hope they don't do a stepside.......

JK07

Interested in what they do for rear tire coverage. Could just be the angle but it appears that in these shots the rear tires stick out past the bed more then they do up front under the fenders. Makes me wonder if the bed will have plastic flares too or it could just be for testing that it looks like that. Hmm.

TJ--JK

I agree with the user above. The pickup bed looks like something temporary, the lines don't match the rest of the truck. The cab and front end have a 90° straight edge vertically. The bed is rounded like a ram. Also the wheel well does not center aesthetically rear axle and wheel.

redman333

As long as the top can still come off and they don't just make a permanent hard top and the dimensions don't look funky I'll buy one. This is going to be killer if it looks good and performs.

I wonder how all of these people will feel that spent $80k or more on the conversion from AEV? When if they would have waited a couple years could have had one for close to half the cost.

meljr

Grrrrrrrrr. These guys are doing a damn good job of disguising these JL's - can't pick out any defining details!
Still running that RAM bed it looks like. Until someone gets a shot of the actual bed its gonna be real tough to
figure the proportions out. Please please please I hope they don't do a stepside.......

Actually, I'd like a step-side ... Ram. There isn't much president for a Jeep step side since at least the 70s. Until we know for sure, I'll just keep driving my JK and Comanche.

IMG_0656.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Interested in what they do for rear tire coverage. Could just be the angle but it appears that in these shots the rear tires stick out past the bed more then they do up front under the fenders. Makes me wonder if the bed will have plastic flares too or it could just be for testing that it looks like that. Hmm.

That's a RAM pickup bed they have cobbled up on there for testing purposes. Notice how the tires aren't centered in the wheel well opening? Also see the lights?

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug

I also have the same thoughts.

HoosierWolf

I've been thinking of buying a M715 to build up as a project. This is going to force some more thought on my end as to what I want to do.

J

JKDream

That's a RAM pickup bed they have cobbled up on there for testing purposes. Notice how the tires aren't centered in the wheel well opening? Also see the lights?

Curious as well if it's going to have flares.
Couldn't imagine trying to tuck a 13.5 tire under a bed like that without flares.
Would look quite ridiculous lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DK570

Pickup should've been a 2 door IMO. Departure angle is just too poor, why even call it a Wrangler?

They must be convinced the 4 door pickup will sell better, since now the Wrangler will have 3 different wheelbases. I bet it wouldn't be that hard though to use the normal 4 door Wrangler wheelbase (116") to add a 2 door pickup.

The wheels look very strange to me. Most mules seem to have current production wheels, but not this one.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Kinda surreal seeing aerial shots and spy photos of RESQ1 like that. Huh.. maybe I'll just watch a video like the guys at FCA are doing and know in advance as to what it will look like for reals.

Cobound

These just look like the photos from the last spy shot session...if I'm not mistaken. Nothing new.

As long as the top can still come off and they don't just make a permanent hard top and the dimensions don't look funky I'll buy one. This is going to be killer if it looks good and performs.

I wonder how all of these people will feel that spent $80k or more on the conversion from AEV? When if they would have waited a couple years could have had one for close to half the cost.

Personally, THIS! ^^^^^^ I've been wondering this. I've followed AEV since the late 90's and have wanted one since the long wheelbase began. Spent 7+ years w/ a Scrambler, had a few TJs and a couple JKs...even though I could swing an AEV now I'm not sure I'd want to swallow that build cost. I know most w/ that kind of money don't care (I'm not one of them). I mean, I see them built for $100k and sold for $80k w/ less than 10k miles on them...but the older TJs have held some value, very niche as it is, but some higher value than a standard built JK.

How this factory version will differ, much less affect the AEV builds has been on my mind for months. Thus, I'm waiting. That, and having a Ram 1500 w/ the 5.7, size, comfort...this is just going to be another midsize truck. Man, I'm torn...need a truck but want another JK...FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS :banghead:

I do think AEV will continue to roll bank with their Hemi conversions in these things, and they've done a pretty good job diversifying into the Ram market now..totally curious to see what they do next!

I do wish it was out sooner. I'm tired of waiting...but not tired enough to build a Brute DC like those rich boys are doing :broke:

B

Brute

Hooked
Pickup should've been a 2 door IMO. Departure angle is just too poor, why even call it a Wrangler?

It will be a 4-door...and if your concerned about departure or break over angle, don't buy a truck...any of them.

Looking at how they closed the cab, it will no doubt be very similar to the AEV Brute in wheelbase if they stick with a 5' bed...which is 139".

I agree with Joe...hope they keep the freedom panels...and s rear sliding window would be nice

chitown35

LOSER
It will be a 4-door...and if your concerned about departure or break over angle, don't buy a truck...any of them.

Looking at how they closed the cab, it will no doubt be very similar to the AEV Brute in wheelbase if they stick with a 5' bed...which is 139".

I understand where they went with it, but at that point why not just do a Ram with a soft top? Seems like it would've been a lot easier with the same end result.

Top Bottom