3" Evo Plush Ride Regret? Do you wish you ordered 4" Plush Rides? Fox 2.0vsRS9000XL

Robertcrav

3" Evo Plush Ride Regret? Do you wish you ordered 4" Plush Rides? Fox 2.0vsRS9000XL

I'm going to order some plush rides in the next week, and thought I had my mind set on 4", and I'd sell my Fox 2.0 Resi's that are for 1.5" - 3.5" and get Rancho RS9000XL's ... but if I got the 3" I could keep the Fox's, my sway bar links etc...

going to 4" would require the longer shocks, brake lines, sway bar links and possibly bump stops...

Just curious if anyone has regretted getting the 3" and went with the 4" later and been happier... I'm staying on 37s for the foreseeable future, and have flat flares...

Thanks for the insight...

Rob

tgoss

It's going to depend on how much gear you tote around with you. A lot of guys make it work just fine with 3" coils on a JKU.

I LOVE the look of 3" plush rides with 37's and flat flares. It's a great stance, but for me and most it becomes a bit cumbersome when you're full of gear and start bottoming out of suspension travel.

I went with 4" and I'm happy with how the jeep looks but more thrilled with how it performs on 37's.

303jkpatriot

Similar to what Tgoss stated, it is really dependent on how much gear you carry around and what you put on for Armor and Front and Rear Bumpers (total weight).

I currently run the 3" plush springs with 35s, Rancho9000Xls and love it. I have a front bumper with a synthetic winch and a rear bumper/tire carrier and still have a decent amount of lift but have another buddy who has the 3" plushes with Kings, all of his basis covered for Armor(lots of EVO goodness on it) and its got quite a bit of squat with 35s. He is going to swap out to the 4" springs to get some of his height back (like some of the other users on WAL have).

jeeeep

Hooked
i have the 4" with Rancho 9000, 37's, stock fenders.

the rear is showing signs of sag more so than the front. when I'm fully loaded it's more obvious and on the trail it does rub the fenders until I pull them off.

Yep I know ...trim them but on the road they don't rub and I like the stock fender look.

going to add a rear spacer to offset the sag but otherwise they're fine with the ranchos - had king 2.5 on there before

Robertcrav

i have the 4" with Rancho 9000, 37's, stock fenders.

the rear is showing signs of sag more so than the front. when I'm fully loaded it's more obvious and on the trail it does rub the fenders until I pull them off.

Yep I know ...trim them but on the road they don't rub and I like the stock fender look.

going to add a rear spacer to offset the sag but otherwise they're fine with the ranchos - had king 2.5 on there before
Why did you switch from the 2.5" Kings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Why did you switch from the 2.5" Kings?

the kings seem to have lost their rebound, they started feeling real stiff over every little bump.

I might send them to King for a rebuild but at the time I needed shocks and the ranchos were cheaper for all 4 than shipping and rebuilding the kings.

Last edited:

Rival

I have 3" plush rides and King 2.5's on 35's. Wish I would have went with 4" and 37's. I'll likely swap the coils and tires out this Summer.

Nic Try

I'm going to order some plush rides in the next week, and thought I had my mind set on 4", and I'd sell my Fox 2.0 Resi's that are for 1.5" - 3.5" and get Rancho RS9000XL's ... but if I got the 3" I could keep the Fox's, my sway bar links etc...

going to 4" would require the longer shocks, brake lines, sway bar links and possibly bump stops...

Just curious if anyone has regretted getting the 3" and went with the 4" later and been happier... I'm staying on 37s for the foreseeable future, and have flat flares...

Thanks for the insight...

Rob

Hi rob!

I have the 4" plushride with 2.5 kings.

I went from the mopar 3" with fox res shocks (probably the same ones you have)- i started with 35's and went to 37's...

I regretted starting with the mopar (terraflex kit), but that another story..

I think mines about 1" too high now that i did fenders (bushwackers), the 3" kit probably would have been fine.......

Your welcome to drive/measure mine if you wish!

F37386E2-D3D6-453D-8E2C-4F0590C9E650.jpg

Robertcrav

Hi rob!

I have the 4" plushride with 2.5 kings.

I went from the mopar 3" with fox res shocks (probably the same ones you have)- i started with 35's and went to 37's...

I regretted starting with the mopar (terraflex kit), but that another story..

I think mines about 1" too high now that i did fenders (bushwackers), the 3" kit probably would have been fine.......

Your welcome to drive/measure mine if you wish!

View attachment 237233
Right on...thanks, I will send you a pm

Get the 4" springs.

I have the 3" plush rides and it forces me to carry less gear because how much it rubs and bottoms out when fully loaded.

jkris

Not to derail this thread, but for a 2dr with winch and aftermarket bumpers on 35s right now but possibly 37s in the future, should I go 3" or 4"? I was thinking 3" but could use insight on this before I pull the trigger on the enforcer in a month or two.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Not to derail this thread, but for a 2dr with winch and aftermarket bumpers on 35s right now but possibly 37s in the future, should I go 3" or 4"? I was thinking 3" but could use insight on this before I pull the trigger on the enforcer in a month or two.

3. I wouldn't be surprised, if you get a little over 3", even with your gear. A 2 door is a different animal.

tdougherty81

I had 3" Plush on my 08, it was fine until I went to 37s. This time on my new jeep I'm going with 4" Plush Ride coils. In a way it is kind of nice starting over except spending the money all over again.

PERS JK

Would the 4" be too much if just staying with 35's? JKUR that will have bumpers and gear and most likely non cut fenders.

Top Bottom