EVO Protek Skid system

bapicella

Anyone running the Evo Protek Skid System? It seems really cost effective. If you are running it could you post some pictures / would you go with the same system again?

bapicella

R

RockyMtnAnvil

I run them, beat on them, and they work. I would buy them again without hesitation.

Edit: I think your just down the road from me... If you want to see them in person or need a second set of hands for the install just let me know.

Best picture I got...
View attachment 237164

Last edited by a moderator:

GraniteCrystal

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I have the engine and transmission skids but not the cross member skid as i figured it would trap too much mud and sand and i'd just replace the cross member if it gets to beat up.

I'm running synergy exhaust spacers as a temporary solution to the driveshaft clearance issue until i decide which way i want to go with a new shaft. They still didn't provide enough clearance for 27.5" shocks so I had too remove the exhaust heat shield under the driveshaft and reshape the tube a little to provide about an 1/8" of clearance at the point when the factory reprezza joint in the driveshaft bottoms out.

New shaft is definitely a better solution.

bthomas

I'd keep it simple and stick with a DC shaft. U-joints are cheap and easy to find for future service or trail breaks. And I can't say I heard anything good about the Teraflex joint.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for the responses, that is a sick picture!

For a drive shaft is anyone running a tatton with the teraflex rzeppa joint? OR is DC the way to go?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I don't know anyone who has a lot of experience with the Terabreak joint, because it hasn't been out that long. But just looking at it, I don't see how it would fix the problem of the steep angles.

Top Bottom