Wave from Florida

OldeScout

Hey Everyone,

I started Jeepin in a M38-A1 lent to me by my Uncle - Sam that is. The first one I had to buy myself was a 1948 CJ2A, bone stock except for a purple paint job (roller and brush - yikes!) and a plow. That plow cleared tons of snow from my old home in upstate NY before she moved on to off-highway only duty at an Adirondack Mountains camp. I next bought a new FJ40. Eventually, the straight six became a small-block from a SS Chevy and she morphed into a sand drag/hill climb race truck that wore bolted tires for circle racing on frozen lakes in the NY Winters. Currently I have a 98 TJ, 4.0l, 5spd. Little Red has a Dana 44 with 30 spline axles, Caddy disk brakes, Warn hubs and a full-floater upgrade, 4.88s and an Eaton E-Locker. The front is still a D-30, but with matching 4.88s, Warn Hubs, Powertracs Locker, Disks from a CJ machined to clear the hubs, Teraflex High Steer Knuckle, long arm suspension and bespoke front and rear bumpers. She's a pretty good rock crawler and rocks are in short supply here in Florida. We fix that by towing Little Red to visit rocks. She's been in Alaska, NY, Maine, Massachusetts, Colorado, California, Arizona, Montana, and YK and BC in Canada.

Hope to see some of y'all on the trail...

OldeScout

Coop

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL from Ohio! There are some good rocks in TN, which might be closer to you. Check Windrock out! WAL does a lot of visits there multiple times a year. Great camping and cabins too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom