D44 question

RockyJk

I just bought a stock d44 housing from an 08 rubi for $100 is there anything I can use from turdy(D30) for it just wondering what i wont have to buy also what locker/axle shafts do ya'll recommend? 1359002668522.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockyJk

Dont know how multi-quote haha but thanks for the info and it only has ball joints on one side also what shafts and lockers would you recommend wanna build this thing once so i could be good until i can save up for the dynatrac

dahreno

Banned
Looks pretty beat up , I hope for your sake it's not bent ! Might want to check it out before doing any work to it . But if it is not bent , you got a good deal

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dont know how multi-quote haha but thanks for the info and it only has ball joints on one side also what shafts and lockers would you recommend wanna build this thing once so i could be good until i can save up for the dynatrac

Personally, I would recommend that you get a ARB locker. As far as shafts go, I personally would just get a set of basic chromoly shafts with full circle clips - any brand should do the trick just fine so long as they have the full circle clips. I'm sure there will be some here that will tell you to get a a set of RCV's but, I'm gonna suggest that you save your money for the PR you're wanting. Nice shafts but not necessary.

RockyJk

Looks pretty beat up , I hope for your sake it's not bent ! Might want to check it out before doing any work to it . But if it is not bent , you got a good deal

I think it just look beat up cuz it had been sitting outside for a while person i bought it from put everything from it into a dynatrac...how would i check if its bent?

RockyJk

Personally, I would recommend that you get a ARB locker. As far as shafts go, I personally would just get a set of basic chromoly shafts with full circle clips - any brand should do the trick just fine so long as they have the full circle clips. I'm sure there will be some here that will tell you to get a a set of RCV's but, I'm gonna suggest that you save your money for the PR you're wanting. Nice shafts but not necessary.

Yea those rcvs are way too expensive for me haha thanks for the info:thumbup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think it just look beat up cuz it had been sitting outside for a while person i bought it from put everything from it into a dynatrac...how would i check if its bent?

Put a level on each axle tub and see if there is a gap.

RDE2ROK

Yep, be sure to check for a bend. One of the biggest reason for a new housing is cause the old one bent!:doh: how big of a tire are you gunna be running? Now is also a good time to sleeve & gusset. I personally like the EVO set.

Last edited:

RockyJk

Yep, be sure to check for a bend. One of the biggest reason for a new housing is cause the old one bent!:doh: how big of a tire are you gunna be running? Now is also a good time to sleeve & gusset. I personally like the EVO set.

Yup was thinkin about getting the evo gussets and sleeve cus i have those on my d30 and ill be running my 35s i have now until i can afford 37s haha

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Do you mean like a straight edge?

You could use anything that is flat and straight. A 2x4 would even work but I would use a level since it would give you the truest reading. Sometimes 2x4's are not super straight.

A level like this,

800px-Tool-level.jpg

RockyJk

You could use anything that is flat and straight. A 2x4 would even work but I would use a level since it would give you the truest reading. Sometimes 2x4's are not super straight.

A level like this,

800px-Tool-level.jpg

Oh alright ill check it out when i get off work tonight would be kind of a waste of money of its bent guy i bought it from is from a local offroad club so im sure he'll refund the money if its bent :thumbup:

RockyJk

Little update I checked the housing and its not bent :D :thumbup: this weekend ima sand it down and rhino line it maybe order the gussets and sleeves than start saving for the expensive stuff haha

Atch

Little update I checked the housing and its not bent :D :thumbup: this weekend ima sand it down and rhino line it maybe order the gussets and sleeves than start saving for the expensive stuff haha

I could be wrong but I thought this is what Eddie said in another thread, if you sleeve a factory 44 you won't be able to run an arb with upgraded shafts.

RockyJk

Really? Well i guess no sleeves for me than haha i dont think i need em anyway since im only running 35s

Top Bottom