2007 Brake Warning Light

alf1096

I have an 07 JK and over the last few weeks when coming to a stop or leaving from a stop the Brake warning light will turn on for few seconds then go away. It does not happen every stop. Its the same light that lights up when the emergency brake is applied accept it stays solid and does not flash like the emergency brake is on. No mods have been added recently. I don't know where to start looking can someone point me in the right direction. I did just get a clock spring recall notice could this be part of the problem.

WJCO

Meme King
I have an 07 JK and over the last few weeks when coming to a stop or leaving from a stop the Brake warning light will turn on for few seconds then go away. It does not happen every stop. Its the same light that lights up when the emergency brake is applied accept it stays solid and does not flash like the emergency brake is on. No mods have been added recently. I don't know where to start looking can someone point me in the right direction. I did just get a clock spring recall notice could this be part of the problem.

Check brake fluid level. Also check for leaks near the hoses, calipers, etc.

Cboone

I had the same problem previously in my 07 jku. As I understand it, the brake and clutch fluid come from the same reservoir. Half feeding brakes the other feeding the clutch. When my slave cylinder failed it drained the fluid from the reservoir and the first sign before the clutch failed was the brake light coming on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

alf1096

Was definitely low. Should have thought of that first but was thinking it had something to do with the emergency brake. Now to look it over and see if I have a leak.

Thanks for the help.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Check pad wear and check for leaks. Either you have very worn pads, or the fluid is going somewhere. Brake systems don't use fluid. Also after topping off the fluid if you go and change the pads the reservoir will over flow when you depress the caliper cylinders, so be sure to suck the fluid level down again when you go to change pads.

Top Bottom