ridge grapplers on snow

Lloydsmale

Ive had them two days now (305 70 17) I'm sure impressed. Running them on ice and snow there in a different world then the bfg mud terrains that were on it before. Set a 28lbs they even ride better the the bfgs but then some of that could be the lift and the bilsteens. If duratracs and bfg ats are better on snow and ice they must be amazing as these are very impressive. Quiet as a snow tire on a car to boot. shop that mounted them does most of the 4x4 work around here and told me they were the easiest big tire to balance they ever had in the shop.

Last edited:

SilverBack

I agree with you, great tire. I have the 285/75R17 C in the Ridge Grappler. Just finished a 2000+ mile trip and more than half was on freshly fallen snow, packed snow, slush and ice covered roads. These tires took it al on with poise and confidence. They never once got hard even at -27 degrees C. They are quiet and handle curves as well as my old 318i BMW.... Highly impressed with this great tire!!!!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear your having good luck so far.

I'm debating about just an AT instead of an MT when I jump to 37s and the ridge grappler is one I'm looking at.

SilverBack

Glad to hear your having good luck so far.

I'm debating about just an AT instead of an MT when I jump to 37s and the ridge grappler is one I'm looking at.

Hell, they look pretty bad ass, are quite, handle wet and dry roads great and have tons of traction off-road in mud and snow. Nice rubber that is the same compound as the EXO Grappler so quite sticky...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Discount Tire

Thank you all for posting up your personal experiences on the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. We have had many similar reports.

Here is a review from one of our employees running the Ridge Grapplers:

As some of you know, I have LT285/70-17/C Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my 4Runner. With approximately 1,500 miles on them, I want to provide real world feedback on their performance to date.

I was up north in AZ this past weekend and had a chance to use them in a variety of conditions. Temperatures were between 20-40 degrees all weekend.

On-road/Highway
Despite the aggressive tread design, this tire is quiet! My opinion is they are just slightly more noisy than the Terra Grappler (if that). Very smooth, no vibration or wandering up to 90MPH. I did note that these will flat spot after sitting overnight in cold conditions. Flat spotting disappears after a few miles when the tire warms up.

Snow
I took them down one of the local unplowed forest roads which contained slush, mud, and wet snow (the kind you make snowballs with - not icy). Very confident traction in these conditions - did not need 4WD, including a steep off-camber hill climb.

This is a niche tire for someone looking for an aggressive look without the noise and harsh qualities associated with a Mud Terrain tire.

LR C is perfect for Toyota and Jeep trucks and SUV's.

Nitto Ridge Grappler | Discount Tire Direct

Top Bottom