SYNERGY vs EVOMFG

GENREC

Hey all, upgrading suspension components soon and I'm somewhat stuck. Both are great made in the USA companies known for quality. Wondering if anyone has experience with both, personally or a friends, etc. Everything from quality of welds, factory powdercoat, joints, ease of adjustment and installation, even warranty issues. I know some utilize Johnny Joints and some use the Durometer in their arms. Any insight to steer me and help pull the trigger would be awesome! :beer:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I would really go with the evo lift and with their arms. They use johnny joints on both ends which are easy to maintain and very easy to adjust. As you know I run synergy uppers on my Jeep and the durometer bushing in the frame side is junk. It stopped taking grease after a few months. (I really need to replace these arms lol).

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey all, upgrading suspension components soon and I'm somewhat stuck. Both are great made in the USA companies known for quality. Wondering if anyone has experience with both, personally or a friends, etc. Everything from quality of welds, factory powdercoat, joints, ease of adjustment and installation, even warranty issues. I know some utilize Johnny Joints and some use the Durometer in their arms. Any insight to steer me and help pull the trigger would be awesome! :beer:

I had the synergy trackbar and it uses heim joint on one end and duro(?) bushing on the other. the heim got noisy and wouldn't stay tight. the bushing got pretty crappy even though is was in the bracket.

I'd go with Evo if those are your choices because they do use johnny joints.

I'm running Clayton Offroad arms going on 130k miles or so and I have not maintained them as I should, I think I've greased them maybe 3 times in the last 5 years.

I did take them all apart last summer but only had to replace a couple of bushings - they are a tough joint.

spookyg00k

I had the synergy trackbar and it uses heim joint on one end and duro(?) bushing on the other. the heim got noisy and wouldn't stay tight. the bushing got pretty crappy even though is was in the bracket.

I'd go with Evo if those are your choices because they do use johnny joints.

I'm running Clayton Offroad arms going on 130k miles or so and I have not maintained them as I should, I think I've greased them maybe 3 times in the last 5 years.

I did take them all apart last summer but only had to replace a couple of bushings - they are a tough joint.

this got me thinking that i should replace my old Rock Krawler joints with johnny joints... you think thats possible? currently my suspension has this loose feeling, i do know i need to replace the Gen 1 springs with the newer coils, as well as get an alignment done

jeeeep

Hooked
this got me thinking that i should replace my old Rock Krawler joints with johnny joints... you think thats possible? currently my suspension has this loose feeling, i do know i need to replace the Gen 1 springs with the newer coils, as well as get an alignment done

I don't know if it's possible, depends on the thread pattern and threaded end diameter.

I found with the heim-joint over time I had to really torque on the bracket clamping bolt to keep in place - so much so that when I finally removed synergy track bar the bracket was actually bent inward.

When I tried to put the stock track bar on I had to open up the bracket.

I can't explain why it kept working loose other than the heim-joint is just narrower by design and even though I torqued it to the proper torque, the bracket didn't bend inward enough to clamp the heim-joint.

CrazyLarry

I would really go with the evo lift and with their arms. They use johnny joints on both ends which are easy to maintain and very easy to adjust. As you know I run synergy uppers on my Jeep and the durometer bushing in the frame side is junk. It stopped taking grease after a few months. (I really need to replace these arms lol).

Durometer bushings don't take grease actually. You have a regular rubber bushing on the frame side upper

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom