2012 JK Steering Column Removal

Bloody Stitches

Stuck a point here. It may be obvious but I thought I would have some shed some light on it for me. IMG_0777.jpg IMG_0778.jpg IMG_0779.jpg

I understand the mechanism with the cable running from ignition to transmission cable is the key immobilizer. Having trouble trying to figure out which part to disconnect. There seems to be a harness in back of ignition but as much as I tug on it, it won't slip out. On the other end I was thinking maybe the white harness next to that spring on cable. I've seen photos of other columns removed from the JK but never see this cable dangling off in the picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#heatercoreorbust

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

Lol. I wish I was doing it wrong Frydaddy. Trust me I do. In order to access that dam heater core on the JK Literally everything has to come out.
Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WOW! Thats a lot!

Actually, that seems pretty light considering some other vehicle heater cores. A 2000-ish F150 calls for over 15 hours just to get to it.!

jeeeep

Hooked
yeah...the heater core in the JK is a PIA to get to as the entire dash assembly needs to get removed.

I wish I would've had the time to figure out a way to make a quick access panel to access that damn heater core.

When I did mine I was sure missing the times when all it took was looking under the dash remove a few screws and replace

Top Bottom