Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 59
  1. #11
    Nothing but a Thing JK_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    1,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmans08jk View Post
    Thank you for the replys I just ordered them

    Sent from my LG-H918 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Get yourself a quality nut sert tool and if you don't have a plasma cutter, get an air saw. It made my life a whole lot easier when you're cutting into the support bracket behind the sheetmetal for the tail lights. If you're lazy about wiring (like I am), Poison Spyder makes a harness to make the conversion from your stock tail lights to the new LED ones a lot easier. They include the resistors too so you don't get the rapid blinking.

  2. #12
    Caught the Bug adamsnewone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Baytown, tx
    Posts
    58
    Kyrubi, did you liner over the skins and bolts after install? That looks pretty clean!!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  3. #13
    Caught the Bug Bmans08jk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gilbert
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by JK_Dave View Post
    Get yourself a quality nut sert tool and if you don't have a plasma cutter, get an air saw. It made my life a whole lot easier when you're cutting into the support bracket behind the sheetmetal for the tail lights. If you're lazy about wiring (like I am), Poison Spyder makes a harness to make the conversion from your stock tail lights to the new LED ones a lot easier. They include the resistors too so you don't get the rapid blinking.
    The led kit from evo looks like its plug and play. I have a good nut set tool and a air saw already so that's no problem.

    Sent from my LG-H918 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  4. #14
    Hooked KYRubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by adamsnewone View Post
    Kyrubi, did you liner over the skins and bolts after install? That looks pretty clean!!


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    They used a little body filler over the bolts and then sprayed it with Line-X. The also sealed it up completely around all the edges with some type of filler since otherwise sand and dirt gets in there and destroys the paint really quickly and will cause rust. I think it turned out really well.
    2011 JK Rubicon

  5. #15
    Hooked Lank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmans08jk View Post
    The led kit from evo looks like its plug and play. I have a good nut set tool and a air saw already so that's no problem.

    Sent from my LG-H918 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Not quite plug-and-play. You'll have to cut the plug off of both the kit and the stock taillight and solder the stock one to them. Not a huge issue though

  6. #16
    Caught the Bug Bmans08jk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gilbert
    Posts
    98
    It's not that big a deal

    Sent from my LG-H918 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  7. #17
    Hooked KYRubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    147
    I originally went with the EVO rear lights. I ended up replacing them rather quickly with these LED rear lights. Personally, I like them a lot better. Now, the EVO corners, I absolutely love them.

    2011 JK Rubicon

  8. #18
    Caught the Bug Bmans08jk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Gilbert
    Posts
    98
    Why didn't you like the evo leds? And whats better about thoes?

    Sent from my LG-H918 using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #19
    Hooked KYRubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmans08jk View Post
    Why didn't you like the evo leds? And whats better about thoes?

    Sent from my LG-H918 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I didn't like the look of them. They looked and felt cheap to me. I also didn't like that they didn't have backup lights or side markers, so at least side markers would have to be added to be legal where I live. Just my opinion though. Some people like them. I'm not one of them. I actually ordered the Trail Tail LED's within 24 hours of seeing the EVO's installed.

    Last edited by KYRubi; 01-12-2017 at 02:21 AM.
    2011 JK Rubicon

  10. #20
    Hooked KYRubi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    147
    The thing I don't like about the Trail Tails is the entire manual is between these quotes " ". It's not too bad to figure out the wiring though. Just make sure you pick up some 50 watt 6 Ohm resistors if you don't want strobes. They make an adapter to install these in a hole the size you cut for the other lights which is convenient. This video helped sell me on them.

    Last edited by KYRubi; 01-12-2017 at 02:12 AM.
    2011 JK Rubicon

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •