Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo corner guards

Quote Originally Posted by Bmans08jk View Post
    Thank you for the replys I just ordered them

Sent from my LG-H918 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Get yourself a quality nut sert tool and if you don't have a plasma cutter, get an air saw. It made my life a whole lot easier when you're cutting into the support bracket behind the sheetmetal for the tail lights. If you're lazy about wiring (like I am), Poison Spyder makes a harness to make the conversion from your stock tail lights to the new LED ones a lot easier. They include the resistors too so you don't get the rapid blinking.

Kyrubi, did you liner over the skins and bolts after install? That looks pretty clean!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JK_Dave View Post
    Get yourself a quality nut sert tool and if you don't have a plasma cutter, get an air saw. It made my life a whole lot easier when you're cutting into the support bracket behind the sheetmetal for the tail lights. If you're lazy about wiring (like I am), Poison Spyder makes a harness to make the conversion from your stock tail lights to the new LED ones a lot easier. They include the resistors too so you don't get the rapid blinking.
    The led kit from evo looks like its plug and play. I have a good nut set tool and a air saw already so that's no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by adamsnewone View Post
    Kyrubi, did you liner over the skins and bolts after install? That looks pretty clean!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    They used a little body filler over the bolts and then sprayed it with Line-X. The also sealed it up completely around all the edges with some type of filler since otherwise sand and dirt gets in there and destroys the paint really quickly and will cause rust. I think it turned out really well.
    2011 JK Rubicon

The led kit from evo looks like its plug and play. I have a good nut set tool and a air saw already so that's no problem.

Not quite plug-and-play. You'll have to cut the plug off of both the kit and the stock taillight and solder the stock one to them. Not a huge issue though

It's not that big a deal

I originally went with the EVO rear lights. I ended up replacing them rather quickly with these LED rear lights. Personally, I like them a lot better. Now, the EVO corners, I absolutely love them.

2011 JK Rubicon

Why didn't you like the evo leds? And whats better about thoes?

Why didn't you like the evo leds? And whats better about thoes?

I didn't like the look of them. They looked and felt cheap to me. I also didn't like that they didn't have backup lights or side markers, so at least side markers would have to be added to be legal where I live. Just my opinion though. Some people like them. I'm not one of them. I actually ordered the Trail Tail LED's within 24 hours of seeing the EVO's installed.

Last edited by KYRubi; 01-12-2017 at 02:21 AM.
    2011 JK Rubicon

The thing I don't like about the Trail Tails is the entire manual is between these quotes " ". It's not too bad to figure out the wiring though. Just make sure you pick up some 50 watt 6 Ohm resistors if you don't want strobes. They make an adapter to install these in a hole the size you cut for the other lights which is convenient. This video helped sell me on them.

Last edited by KYRubi; 01-12-2017 at 02:12 AM.
    2011 JK Rubicon

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast