Rubicon 10th Anniversary front bumper

Roadglide-Rider

I am going to change out my stock Euro front bumper on my 2016 JKU and am considering the 10th Anniversary Rubicon bumper. Anyone got any opinions good or bad, experience with this bumper before I lay out the cash. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G920F using WAYALIFE mobile app

Travv310

I had front and rear on my hard rock first thing I did was take them off there nice for stock but I wouldn't dish out that kind of cash for those much better option for that price.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
If that's look your after go for it. They're not cheap and they're not as heavy duty as some off the aftermarket options but They are a lot stronger than they look and give that finished OEM look

xman4602

If that's look your after go for it. They're not cheap and they're not as heavy duty as some off the aftermarket options but They are a lot stronger than they look and give that finished OEM look

Yup

“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Warebear

I have one on my Rubicon, with a winch in it. i think they look awesome in a lot of different setups, and work very well. However, as everyone else says, i don't think i would ever put out that much money for one if mine didn't come with it. Unless i could a really good deal on a used one. The EVO and LOD bumpers look just as good, and are much beefier.

Maybe I'm just rough on mine, but i have had anchor nuts fall off where the wings bolt on, dented and scratched the plastic bumpers that stick out in front of it, and other annoying things like that. Anyways, i hope that helps. :beer:

ScoobyCarolanNC

If you want a nice factory look & you have the cash to spend go with AEV. Probably not as heavy duty as some other options, but they look nice.

Sent from my duck blind.

scull20

Thank you for your thoughts - the deal that I am being offered is a new take off for 400 bucks. I like the look and will want to add a winch in the future.

$400 is better than the $1000+ they were going for when they first came out. If you like the look and are happy with the deal, go for it. If for whatever reason the deal goes sour or you have second thoughts you'll certainly be able to get a nice aftermarket solution a similar price.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Thank you for your thoughts - the deal that I am being offered is a new take off for 400 bucks. I like the look and will want to add a winch in the future.

What winch are you planning? I planned on keeping my Hardrock bumper, but after buying the PowerPlant and winch plate, I found out the winch wouldn't fit the cutout without some serious trimming. I decided to sell the bumpers and go LOD. I generally agree with everyone else, the HR bumper looks nice, but it was definately MUCH thinner steel than my LOD. Over all, I'm happy with my LOD all said and done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Dusty

What winch are you planning? I planned on keeping my Hardrock bumper, but after buying the PowerPlant and winch plate, I found out the winch wouldn't fit the cutout without some serious trimming. I decided to sell the bumpers and go LOD. I generally agree with everyone else, the HR bumper looks nice, but it was definately MUCH thinner steel than my LOD. Over all, I'm happy with my LOD all said and done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Do you know if a Zeon 10 or 12 will fit ?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Keep in mind you'll have to get the winch plate as well which will run you about another 250. I have a hard rock and have nothing bad to say about the bumper, but I would buy something aftermarket if I didn't already have it like mentioned a bunch of times above. But if you like the look better, go for it man.

Riflefan

Do you know if a Zeon 10 or 12 will fit ?

I have the Zeon 10 in my 10A bumper. Fits but tight. I also would like better access to the winch than this bumper allows. I have been thinking about trimming mine in front of the winch. I went with the mopar winch mount because it looked like it was designed better.

Tanktitan

I say go for it. I love mine. The Zeon 10S mounted easily, but tight. Just had to cut the vacuum mount and move. I took the wings off when I went to 37's. If you buy it, you might go to Rubitrux site as they have some good accessories for this bumper.

Dusty

I say go for it. I love mine. The Zeon 10S mounted easily, but tight. Just had to cut the vacuum mount and move. I took the wings off when I went to 37's. If you buy it, you might go to Rubitrux site as they have some good accessories for this bumper.
Thanks, I'm going to check them out later on.

Top Bottom