Spot lights wired to high beam relay

canadianboy

I ordered some Quadratec HID spot lights, and I would like to wire them so they come on with the high beams, only when I want them. But, being Canadian, I have DRLs. How can I do this so the spots won't come on with the DRLs as well? Is there a circuit for the high beams separate from the DRLs?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I dont remember which wire, since it was 4 years ago....but when I was originally running hella lights on my pilars, the harness that came with them was wired to only come on with high beams. All you had to do was tap the trigger wire into the high beam wire on one of the headlights. I used a tap and it worked perfectly.

edit:

What I found is from a 10, but the high on both sides are white/green or white/grey wire.

canadianboy

How do you keep the lights from triggering from the daytime running lights though? I'm aware that I can use a relay and trigger from the headlights. But I want to avoid having them on during the day.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
How do you keep the lights from triggering from the daytime running lights though? I'm aware that I can use a relay and trigger from the headlights. But I want to avoid having them on during the day.

If you trigger the relay off of the high beam power wire they will only come on when you turn on your high beams.

canadianboy

If you trigger the relay off of the high beam power wire they will only come on when you turn on your high beams.

This is exactly what I want to do. Would they not come on with the daytime running lights (DRLs) also? This is a Canadian jeep. DRLs have been mandatory since 1990. On my trucklite headlights both the top and bottom half are lighted during the day.

Top Bottom