Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Looks really nice! I would definitely pay for it!

Man, that looks better than some of the manufacturers out there.
    Gots
    17-Inch Rubi Wheels
    295/70/17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's
    18/59 Springs & Rubi Shocks
    TF Leveling Kit
    1.5" Spidertrax Spacers
    Warn Rock Crawler Stubby & Engo 9000 Winch
    EVO Rear Bolt On "D" Ring Mounts
    EVO Rear Corner Rock Skins
    Rough Country Skids

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Been Around the Block Heavyhaul07's Avatar
    Very nice looking

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two cavfighter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    So far, things are looking great - nice job!
    Thanks Eddie
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    Great job! Rear bumper looks awesome. If I tried to do that it would come out looking like it had already been in an accident lol.

Lmao. Yeah, if it was just me Id say the same. I have some huge help in the project from a buddy of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Looking awesome. I built my own on the WJ, and it's kind of a learn as you go kind of thing. But for what you got now, looks like you've got everything covered, it looks great. Once you get the carrier built, that's where you start spending a lot of time on measuring, clearances, rattles, operation, plate lights, etc.

How are you planning on latching it?

One extra thing I did that has been the best mod so far for me is a spring-loaded pop pin that stops automatically so it doesn't hit the Jeep body. Not sure if you're building some kind of opening stop. That same pin helps it to stay open so it doesn't come back and hit you in the ass.
    Thx for sharing your experience and photos. Your pics of the lock and catch are a big help. Havnt really gotten to that stage of thinking it through just yet so I appreciate the input for sure. Im hoping to be pretty close to a solid design so we are not having to go back and fix things later. Ill gladly take lessons learned from anybody haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconianwinter View Post
    Great looking bumper. I do have to agree with JKDream from the picture the spindle mount location does look a bit on the close side. Hope is just the angle of the picture, because it really is a damn nice looking bumper.

sent from your basement
    Ive gone back and looked. Visually I think we will be ok. Hard to tell. Crap man I hope margin of error is on my side lol. If not I guess we will figure it out. Stay tuned...

Thanks to everyone else that chimed in also. I appreciate it. Its actually been a fun project. I like actually having to think it through versus just being a parts changer. Adds a whole different dynamic to the project.

Should have the bumper hung by this weekend. Ill post a final pic than on the next phase for the tire carrier. May be a few weeks.

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Knows a Thing or Two cavfighter's Avatar
    Finished up ph1. All but the lights. I will add some flush mounted LED reverse lights next to the shackle mounts later. Got sick of waiting on them via UPS. In the meantime heres some pics. Ill start dreaming up the tire carrier part next and will watch that spindle position.20170114_174452.jpg20170114_174505.jpg20170114_174524.jpg20170114_174517.jpg

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

keep up the good work man!

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

That looks awesome. Good work.

Been Around the Block ChiliDawg's Avatar
    That looks really good man, job well done.

Wow!! That bumper looks sweet. It has the look of a highly refined manufactured bumper. Smooth lines that fit the body perfectly! Have you thought about how you are going to attach the swing-out gate? I have always found the separate latch holding the gate closed on pretty much all the bumpers I've seen look like a total afterthought and cheesy. I'm a fan of the linked, one handed operation of a linked gate. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast