Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pinion yoke to axle centerline on XD60

^^ Yup. I just had 1-1/2" removed from my JE Reel shaft because of the switch from the stock 44 to a PR 60. My limit straps would not go tight because the driveshaft was binding at full droop (std EVO lever in the rear). Pushed the cap right out of the slip yoke.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Glad I came across this thread. I had no idea I had to shorten DL. My wife has been driving Jeep around town Monday and today. I was under the Jeep last night and didn't notice anything unusual, so hopefully no damage has been done. I will pull it tonight and take it in tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2016 JKUR Mojave Sand

My Build Thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...jave-Sand-JKUR

Sold:
    2008 JKU
    1948 CJ2A

Quote Originally Posted by Mtb275 View Post
    Glad I came across this thread. I had no idea I had to shorten DL. My wife has been driving Jeep around town Monday and today. I was under the Jeep last night and didn't notice anything unusual, so hopefully no damage has been done. I will pull it tonight and take it in tomorrow.
    As a reference, My JE Reel had only about 1/2" of play when sitting at normal ride height. Now there is 2".

Dave

So I got home and took a measurement. I have just over an inch of slip yoke left.
    IMG_1992.JPG
    Will drop DL tonight and take it in.

2016 JKUR Mojave Sand

Sold:
    2008 JKU
    1948 CJ2A

I bet you were fine driving it around town. Unless your wife was chasing Mel Wade through the desert.

Quote Originally Posted by dchew View Post
    I bet you were fine driving it around town. Unless your wife was chasing Mel Wade through the desert.

Yes, I think so as well. I don't know the technical term, but the cap that is at the end of the splice yoke is still there, so the DL never bottomed out.

And I won't be chasing Mel in the desert anytime soon.

2016 JKUR Mojave Sand

Sold:
    2008 JKU
    1948 CJ2A

Just wanted to follow up and let everyone know the outcome. I marked the DL where it was running when it was hooked up. Dropped is and I took the DL into the driveline shop. Driveline shop called and said they would only cut about 1/2" off. They said I would likely be fine for most wheeling. But to be safe I had him cut the 1/2" off. Very reputable Driveline place in Fresno and they only charged me $90 to cut and rebalance.

After I reinstalled the DL, I re measured and I think they took closer to 5/8", so I have 1 -7/8" in play.

2016 JKUR Mojave Sand

Sold:
    2008 JKU
    1948 CJ2A

Fresh Catch

Great Price

Wish my local shop only wanted $90 to shorten and rebalance my Reel 1350 for my Pro Rock 80.