Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tj lift kit

Quote Originally Posted by geomoutj View Post
    What is your opinion about rough country's long arm kit??
    I have no experience with Rough Country TJ kits but I have installed and tested a few on JK's and found the quality of their products to be sub par. I would not recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    It'll help correct your suspension geometry and offer a better ride. If your Jeep is a daily driver, this can be nice to have. I am not a fan of Zone.
    Ok, i didnt know it would not correct the geometry. I know lifting anything messes with the steering geo and the pinion angle, i thought they would have the parts to correct that with the kit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_USMC View Post
    Ok, i didnt know it would not correct the geometry. I know lifting anything messes with the steering geo and the pinion angle, i thought they would have the parts to correct that with the kit.

The control arms on a TJ are really really short. When you lift 4" or taller, they will sit at a very steep angle and this will contribute to a less than satisfactory ride on pavement. Long arms were created back during the TJ days to address this very problem and they do this by relocating the mounting points on the frame further toward the center of it. The longer arms help reduce the angle of the arms and brings them back closer to stock. This isn't as much of a problem on a JK being that their arms are so much longer right from the factory.

Got ya.

I had a 4" lift with short arms before and it drove so crappy and rough! I have a rock krawler long arm kit now and it drives awesome! Also I would get an sye kit because if you don't the driveshaft will rumble like crazy! The teraflex extreme short shaft kit is a little more expensive but worth the money to get a longer rear driveshaft.

So, just to conclude on this.
    If I install adjustable control arms:
    A) will it gonna ride better?
    B) it still gonna need a sye?
    C) is the drop case spacers mandatory?
    E) will the pinion angle gonna change?
    After the installation of the control arms do I have to install an adjustable trackbar also?

Quote Originally Posted by geomoutj View Post
    So, just to conclude on this.
    If I install adjustable control arms:
    A) will it gonna ride better?
    B) it still gonna need a sye?
    C) is the drop case spacers mandatory?
    E) will the pinion angle gonna change?
    After the installation of the control arms do I have to install an adjustable trackbar also?

i have rough country long arms, they work. Are they the best out there? No. but if your on a budget like me then they will do just fine. no welding is involved, just bolt everything on. it will ride alot better once you put them on. i would suggest you doing a SYE so that you dont have any drive line vibes. with the rough country it will drop the case about an inch. the arms come with all the measurements to correct the pinion angle, i would go ahead and install adjustable track arm in the front, the kit will have what you need for the rear. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by kep01 View Post
    i have rough country long arms, they work. Are they the best out there? No. but if your on a budget like me then they will do just fine. no welding is involved, just bolt everything on. it will ride alot better once you put them on. i would suggest you doing a SYE so that you dont have any drive line vibes. with the rough country it will drop the case about an inch. the arms come with all the measurements to correct the pinion angle, i would go ahead and install adjustable track arm in the front, the kit will have what you need for the rear. Hope this helps.
    Thank you!!!

Does anybody make a lift for the TJ that would ride equivalent to the EVO plush rides? I know ride quality is subjective but many here know the EVO coils and get what I'm looking for, preferably in the 3 to 3.5 inch range. 99 Wrangler already has a sye so that's not a concern, just a really old suspension that rides like a buckboard.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Okay so any Plush ride equivalent coils for he TJ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast