River Oaks Jeep - Houston, TX

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
From placing an order, to walking the dealer lot, to literally telling them you are just there to waste time while warranty work is performed on your jeep, they have ALWAYS been polite and professional to both myself, and my fiance. Service department SEEMS honest and up front. Friendly all around.

When I was shopping for my jeep, no one, and i mean NO ONE within 200 miles of Houston even came close to the price quote I got from River Oaks. :thumb: So far, I have been pleasantly surprised time and time again with them, and would recommend them to friends.

Lil Nasty

Houston, TX - River Oaks Jeep

Thanks for the review. I frequently shop Houston for great deals on vehicles. I've bought cars from all the way in Katy. I have a local dealership that I'm going to check with when I'm shopping for our Grand but I will pay River Oaks a visit when I'm ready.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AdrockTT

Had exact opposite experience here.

Slow service department, hard to get a hold of the service advisor, no clear answers for my wife, impossible to talk to the tech. Pushed off two warranty issues forever since they were of low priority for the dealer. Scheduled one weeks after initial call to attempt the fix, held the jeep for a long time, did not offer a loaner or any solution for transportation. Was told on the other issue "unsure when we'd be able to look at it and we may have to hold onto it a week". I took it to Baytown and had the Jeep back in 2 days. I avoided buying here and now drive to Baytown (despite living down the street) due to the negative experience and treatment my wife received here...

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Had exact opposite experience here.

Slow service department, hard to get a hold of the service advisor, no clear answers for my wife, impossible to talk to the tech. Pushed off two warranty issues forever since they were of low priority for the dealer. Scheduled one weeks after initial call to attempt the fix, held the jeep for a long time, did not offer a loaner or any solution for transportation. Was told on the other issue "unsure when we'd be able to look at it and we may have to hold onto it a week". I took it to Baytown and had the Jeep back in 2 days. I avoided buying here and now drive to Baytown (despite living down the street) due to the negative experience and treatment my wife received here...

Welcome to WAL? :hmm: :cheesy:

n77nxc

I had a good experience with their sales department. I purchased my 2012 JKUR from Mark Gusman.

However, I agree their service department sucks.

Jason

jmy

I also purchased both of my Jeeps from Mark Gusman with River Oaks and was very pleased with him, as well as everyone else I encountered while making my purchases.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
We got ours from Mark at River Oaks too. Hell, I still rock the river oaks decal on the tailgate! [emoji23]

as do I. But then again it actually looks pretty nice! Not like all the other dealers that have huge logos of there dealership

River Oaks sales team is amazing. Most everyone there is super friendly and polite.

But the service department. Well, thats a different story. Damn near have to fight with them to try and do warranty work..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
While there was one person who seemed to be unhappy with River Oaks Jeep, it does appear that many of you found your experience working with them to be a good one or at least, in terms of buying a new Jeep. As an added bonus, the OP is someone I respect and so I've decided to add River Oaks to the WAYALIFE Preferred Jeep Dealer List. Hopefully, they'll start to improve their service department end of things.

Thank you for your help :yup:

AdrockTT

Welcome to WAL? :hmm: :cheesy:

I've been a lurker for years, but my recent warranty issue with River Oaks inspired me to post.

However, I agree their service department sucks.

Jason

That was my qualm. I didn't buy there originally, so I can't comment - but sounds like the Mark guy has his act together.

We got ours from Mark at River Oaks too. Hell, I still rock the river oaks decal on the tailgate! [emoji23]

Hi Mike, I think you just gave me advice on a smaller FB group from Houston recently. Thanks!

But the service department. Well, thats a different story. Damn near have to fight with them to try and do warranty work..

YUP!

While there was one person who seemed to be unhappy with River Oaks Jeep, it does appear that many of you found your experience working with them to be a good one or at least, in terms of buying a new Jeep. As an added bonus, the OP is someone I respect and so I've decided to add River Oaks to the WAYALIFE Preferred Jeep Dealer List. Hopefully, they'll start to improve their service department end of things.

Thank you for your help :yup:

I see three complaints about the service dept above...so maybe recommended for purchase only?

To further clarify - Never mind prior issues with their service when my wife drove the Jeep...
I recently had the P-0306 cylinder misfire error code that you experienced Eddy. I called and explained (while your thread was open) and referenced the service bulletin. After arguing with them that my Jeep would still be covered for this code the service advisor "looked into it" and reluctantly semi-agreed. He basically said "well, it'll be a while before we can get something like that in to look at. If it does turn out to be the cylinder, we'd need it like a week or two - could be longer depending on parts I guess." He then offered me to get it scheduled the next Thurs (I called on a Monday - 10 days away for the diagnostics).

Bayshore Chrysler Jeep got me in the next day, reflashed PCM under warranty (hopefully fixed!) and I picked up 2 days later. They did warn they could use a few days if it were to require the cylinder head swap.

Your mileage may vary - just trying to be helpful...Back to work for me.

ababinili

I also purchased my jeep through this dealership. They had the best price out of any of the local dealerships and it was a good buying experience, although, as everyone else has stated, their service department is lackluster and it felt like I was inconveniencing them the two times I've taken my jeep to them.

Just my two cents.

southeastJK

New to the forums here! Bought my second JK from River Oaks and beat every deal a couple of other dealers gave me. Also, I met the dealers manager and had a long conversation about baseball (big baseball fan) while we were working with a deal with the salesman, he came back with an autographed ball from Pete Rose as gift for my business. Absolutely had a great experience with them. Will be going back for sure.

Top Bottom