Winter 4X4 Jamboree

BillTheCat

Next week, January 19-21, it's time for the annual Jamboree

The is located near St George, UT and Zion National Park.

Yours truly is a tail gunner for a few of the tails. If anyone is planning on attending and would like a local contact, send me a PM and I'll help where I can.

Be safe.

Ken

Last edited:

DaBank

Next week, January 19-21, it's time for the annual Jamboree

The is located near St George, UT and Zion National Park.

Yours truly is a tail gunner for a few of the tails. If anyone is planning on attending and would like a local contact, send me a PM and I'll help where I can.

Be safe.

Ken

Ken sent you a PM.

Rottenbelly

I am registered but now it ends up in have to work.
Seriously bummed. May run down this weekend and do west rim just to get out.

DaBank

I am registered but now it ends up in have to work.
Seriously bummed. May run down this weekend and do west rim just to get out.

I see you are from Utah. I am thinking about going and today is the last day to sign up. On there website it shows you meet and leave from fairgrounds and most trails are 5 miles away but some 2 hours? What ones are two hours away.....Not wanting to drive that far since I coming from southern California. Half the trails are filled and I am wanting to do trails rated at 7 or below. Hopefully you can help but if not thank you anyways. Frank

Rottenbelly

I see you are from Utah. I am thinking about going and today is the last day to sign up. On there website it shows you meet and leave from fairgrounds and most trails are 5 miles away but some 2 hours? What ones are two hours away.....Not wanting to drive that far since I coming from southern California. Half the trails are filled and I am wanting to do trails rated at 7 or below. Hopefully you can help but if not thank you anyways. Frank
The trails that are further out I believe are The Barracks trail and the One that goes thru Toquervill falls. Both fairly easy. Barracks is very scenic with lots of creek crossing. Those are the only 2 I know of off the top of my head. West rim is what I was going to do on Saturday, not gonna make it now. If you want to do that one maybe I could transfer it over to you somehow.

Last edited:

Rottenbelly

We are planning on these runs. If anyone from WAL is down there, come say HI! I'll do the same if I see a WAL banner/steeeeeeeker
19th-Double Sammy
20th-Plan B
21st-Milts Mile

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Nice selection of trails, double sammy is a blast and has the optional big climb out the chute at the end.
Enjoy the scenery. Calling for rain and possibly snow this weekend but still tons of traction even in the rain down there.

Nice selection of trails, double sammy is a blast and has the optional big climb out the chute at the end.
Enjoy the scenery. Calling for rain and possibly snow this weekend but still tons of traction even in the rain down there.

Ya, kinda sucks about the weather, but it's wheeling!! Double Sammy is one of our favorites! Solid nonstop action from the beginning.

DaBank

We are planning on these runs. If anyone from WAL is down there, come say HI! I'll do the same if I see a WAL banner/steeeeeeeker
19th-Double Sammy
20th-Plan B
21st-Milts Mile

I will know today if I am going. I see your trail list so I am sure that would be your recommendations. But if those are not available what other onesy do you suggest that are rated 7 and below? Thanks

Rottenbelly

The trails that are further out I believe are The Barracks trail and the One that goes thru Toquervill falls. Both fairly easy. Barracks is very scenic with lots of creek crossing. Those are the only 2 I know of off the top of my head. West rim is what I was going to do on Saturday, not gonna make it now. If you want to do that one maybe I could transfer it over to you somehow.[/QUOT

Thank you for the information. In about a hour I will know if I can go. What three trails are must do's? I have never 4x4 out there so the views and local terrian are important also to experience. I filled out my Jeep information on there site and it shows I am not allowed to do trails rated 8 and above. That is fine because I will be far from home. I have a Rubicon,35's,513 gears, winch. Frank

West rim is scenic and easy. Milts mile is nice also. All of sand hollow is really scenic if you've never been.
Double sammy is a great trail. Good chance of body damage but has some bypasses on the hard stuff. Would be challenging in a rig on 35s.
And you can play in the dunes after the run!

DaBank

West rim is scenic and easy. Milts mile is nice also. All of sand hollow is really scenic if you've never been.
Double sammy is a great trail. Good chance of body damage but has some bypasses on the hard stuff. Would be challenging in a rig on 35s.
And you can play in the dunes after the run!

So double Sammy soumds like a pass on 35's and not really looking for body damage. I don't want to do dirt roads but also don't want to do buggy runs and break stuff and do body damage.

Rottenbelly

I would go for slip lock gulch or milts mile or maybe Bzzacwards.
I did double sammy in my other jeep on 37s and 4.5 lift with no damage. But had to take 2 bypasses.
Wouldn't try it in my new jeep with a leveling kit and 35s.

DaBank

I would go for slip lock gulch or milts mile or maybe Bzzacwards.
I did double sammy in my other jeep on 37s and 4.5 lift with no damage. But had to take 2 bypasses.
Wouldn't try it in my new jeep with a leveling kit and 35s.

I have a 3in lift and 35's. Looks like I can only attend the event on Friday and Saturday so I would miss the trails on Thrusday. That leaves me with Bzzackwards on Friday and West Rim on Saturday. What do you think of those? Or Fault line is available in Friday, the rest of the trails are rated 4 or below. Missing Thrusday I lose some options like Milt's and slip lock.

So basically if I am doing West Rim on Saturday would you do Bzzackwards or Fault line on Friday if this was a trip from California to check out and see what this area has to offer for a future trip? Thanks again for your help. Frank

Last edited:

Rottenbelly

I have a 3in lift and 35's. Looks like I can only attend the event on Friday and Saturday so I would miss the trails on Thrusday. That leaves me with Bzzackwards on Friday and West Rim on Saturday. What do you think of those? Or Fault line is available in Friday, the rest of the trails are rated 4 or below. Missing Thrusday I lose some options like Milt's and slip lock.

So basically if I am doing West Rim on Saturday would you do Bzzackwards or Fault line on Friday if this was a trip from California to check out and see what this area has to offer for a future trip? Thanks again for your help. Frank

If you do west rim saturday ,I would do fault line next.
Bzzackward is west rim backwards.
Sand hollow is really like a more technical moab to me.
It's hard to go wrong! Hope you make it and enjoy it!
Wish my work schedule didn't change or I would be there.

DaBank

After all this most the trails are filled up. So on Friday I have Bzzackwards (basically West rim that is filled for all three days)
Saturday I have Plan B @ 8am (Saturday only has trails rated 2,3,8,10) so to easy or to hard.

So thank you for your help and what do you think of these two trails?
Also what hotels would you suggest in the area that are nice?
Frank

Perfect two trails!

ricky bobby

Aspenkid see you in the line up on Thursday and Saturday Morning I am running a Double Sammy, Johns Trail and Milts Mile. I ran bzzakwards last year as the Barracks had too much ice it was a blast. I am an LJ on 35s I just bring a rattle can incase :D.

Top Bottom