What Would You Build for Moab/EJS?

If you were starting with a clean slate, what kind of Jeep would you build for Moab/EJS? Would you go with a two-door for some short wheelbase excitement, or a four-door so the family and/or friends could tag along? Keep things simple, bolt on some 35s and stick to the easier trails, or go for 39s and take on some real challenges? Where would you put money so reliability/breakage wouldn't be a concern? Would you go with a manual trans or automatic?

Napalm

I'd take a 4dr JK, throw a 2.5inch lift(a decent one with a good set of shocks and some LCAs.) on it with a set of 35s on stock Rubi wheels. With that I'd chop the fenders for more tire clearance while keeping a LCG.

The money I saved keeping things modest on the lift side, id go with a good set of EVO skid plates and regear right away. I'd put a locker in the rear, and gusset the D30.

With this setup, I'd be able to run just about any trail I'd be comfortable running. :) functional, fun, and a comfortable ride for the 1,116 mile ride out from Texas!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
JKUR
Auto
3.5 Lift on conventional coils
PR60/60 combo
37's
winch
rock sliders
Hydro steering if money left in budget

Ddays

Hooked
There's a budget?! :)

Just curious, why conventional coils and not coilovers?

Figured with the money saved on the coilovers you could sneak in the PR60/60 combo. :D

Honestly I haven't found the limit to my coils yet. Are coilovers sexy? Hell yes! But until I feel that they are limiting where and what I can do I'll keep the coils on 'ol Gruff.

NBarton

JKU Rubicon Auto
Coilovers, maybe as much as EVO DTD/Evolever
PR44/60 or PR-60/60
Good bumpers, skids, and a sport cage
Winch and other recovery gear
37's on a good set of beadlock wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail JK

Fun! Clean slate and anything I want in no particular order...

Rubicon Unlimited Automatic so I can fit everything I need to pack and take fur babies when I want to.

Dynatrac PR 60 front and PR 80 rear axles with 40's because I can now that the axles are upgraded. ATX bead locks.

Dynatrac Pro Grips (one of my favorite mods). Awesome product!

EVO 1/4 pounder with stinger for the front and EVO rear tire carrier with corner skins, EVO PRO skid system, EVO rockskins and sliders, EVO front control arm skids, EVO sway bar endlinks front and rear, EVO pro series rear bumper, EVO rockstar skids, EVO license plate relocation mount, EVO C2 gussets.

EVO trail table

EVO double D pro kit with rear double throw down EVOlever system with coilover and bypass. Why not? It's my dream!

Rock hard sport cage.

JE Reel 1350 front and rear

Warn powerplant

PSC ram assist

Currie tie rod

Truck-lite LED headlights

Rock lights

Best top NX in twill

CB system

ARB fridge/freezer

WAYALIFE friends to wheel with and sunshine!

Sounds fun right! [emoji1303][emoji1319]🤠

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom