ARB Diff Cover

TrailRidden

OK, so i just received my ARB diff cover and as i was scanning through Quadratecs catalog it says not compatible with the Rubicons factory locker. But then i go to the web site and it says it does work with the factory locker. Does anyone have experience with this or know if it will work with the factory locker?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
OK, so i just received my ARB diff cover and as i was scanning through Quadratecs catalog it says not compatible with the Rubicons factory locker. But then i go to the web site and it says it does work with the factory locker. Does anyone have experience with this or know if it will work with the factory locker?

Unless they've made changes, the cover can make contact with the solenoid and it can damage it.

Skid_Kid

You should call ARB with your part number and see what they say. Or return it to Quadratec.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailRidden

Just in case others are wondering, the new covers work fine with factory lockers. I just got off the phone with Quadratec.:thumb:

ttfhell

Mine wasn't so hot. Smashed the locker actuator/wire thingy when fully tightened. Had to replace with a take off ORE helped me with. Bought my from Four Wheel Parts so maybe it was old. Dynatrac if I had a vote.

Rock-itman

Mine wasn't so hot. Smashed the locker actuator/wire thingy when fully tightened. Had to replace with a take off ORE helped me with. Bought my from Four Wheel Parts so maybe it was old. Dynatrac if I had a vote.

Good to know ;) thanx ! I personally like the Dynatrac also. Didnt know there was old and new , so thanx again for the heads -up

ttfhell

Of course the dealer tried to blame it on the re-gear I had done 5 months before I put the covers on. Regardless that the locker worked great right up until I smashed it with the ARB cover.
Mel & Evo = good people.

Jersey_Devil

Just in case others are wondering, the new covers work fine with factory lockers. I just got off the phone with Quadratec.:thumb:

So what's another good cover to use if we plan on keeping the factory lockers?

I kinda don't trust arb after seeing that pic......

TrailRidden

Final Verdict

So after talking to both Quadratec and ARB over the phone and both saying the new models should have no problem, I continued to install the cover. Went on very smoothly and then came the testing. Flawless!!:whew: I tried the locker multiple times and it engaged correctly every time.:thumb: So now we know, the new models couldn't be better. :rock:
IMG_0221.jpg

ttfhell

Sweet. That could have saved me a chunk of change and time.

Tackerdown

Banned
maybe Wol or 1 of the gurus will chime in, I think these covers just look cool but will they work less efficient because there's less space for oil around the gears ?

Top Bottom