What Name Would You Like the All New Jeep JT Pickup Truck to be Called?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In a recent article published on AutoBlog, Jeep's global chief Mike Manley suggested that they "could go back to one from the record books" when it comes to a name above and beyond the "JT". Certainly, names like "Gladiator", "J-Series" or even "Comanche" do come to mind and I was wondering what you Jeep Truck loving guys thought? What name would you go with, something from the record books? Something new? Or, maybe just it letter designation, "JT"? I'd love to know what you think :yup:

Manley wouldn't speculate on a name, though it has a long list of historic choices. Jeep used "Comanche" on a Cherokee-based pickup from 1986-92 and had the Gladiator/J-Series for a larger truck from 1963-87. "Of course we could go back to one of the record books [for a name]," Manley said.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/01/13/...ias-2017-interview/?ncid=edlinkusauto00000016

main.php

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I like the idea of sticking with the JT. To me keeping it similar to its JL counterpart is kind of similar to when they produced the CJ-8.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I like the idea of sticking with the JT. To me keeping it similar to its JL counterpart is kind of similar to when they produced the CJ-8.

You know, you make a good argument there. Being that the truck is going to be based off the Wrangler, I'm thinking maybe it should be kept simple like the CJ-8 or maybe call it the Scrambler like it was called.

DAmmit...Eddie beat me to it. It's a long wheelbase wrangler truck...just like the scrambler was a long wheelbase CJ-7.

Scrambler is the way to go!!

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I hope it will be somewhat like the Crew Chief concept and bear the same name.

“Crew Chief” or “Chief”

IMG_6686.JPG

Top Bottom