I Guess Everyone's Entitled to Their Opinion...

rockwell

I don't think the type of guys that subscribe to and write for Forbes are generally the type that enjoy to spend the day on the trail driving something they built. It's a Jeep thing, they don't understand. I had a BMW 335D, I'm sure they'd like it. It was a nice car but it was boring.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
To a degree, I could see where they're coming from. Vehicles like the Wrangler are still running antiquated solid axles that provide a ride and handling that's sub par to a more modern IFS/IRS setup. They are still an old and heavy body on frame design and they get poor MPG. Of course, for what little you get, they are significantly over priced and over the last 6-7 years, quality control on them has fallen by quite a bit. While there is so much about them that we LOVE, we only represent a very small minority in an ever growing market.

The Patriot/Compass has been up until now, a dog in the Jeep line up. They lack power, off road performance, styling and quality control. The only real thing they had going for them was their low price. I suspect that the new Compass will do better.

Buster3479

I struggle with calling our rig a "car". We have one of those, it's great. I have no passion for it, nor attachment to it. Some things just can't be measured in the same ways.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I'm sure they said the same thing about an AC Cobra. Lousy ride, too loud, bad gas mileage!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Obviously everyone in this thread, and on this forum in general understands why the wrangler is great, but they are not wrong. I always tell those that ask me, the wrangler is an incredible machine, but it's a sh!tty car. No two ways about it. Its expensive, loud, crude, cheap materials everywhere, antiquated tech, underpowered, etc etc etc...but when taken to the dirt, it's at the top of the food chain. I doubt any of you would recommend a wrangler to someone that has zero plans or desires to offroad. The wrangler is good for two things....offroading, and car accidents (with armor.)

XJADDICTION

Banned
I believe an emoji comparison of people is the answer:

Those types of comments and reports come from people like this
[emoji31][emoji13][emoji30][emoji33][emoji36]

We on the other hand hold the secret... we enjoy life and we are people like this
[emoji848][emoji3][emoji41][emoji123][emoji106][emoji631][emoji12]

Who cares about their comments. The funny thing that I've found is some honest reports have the naysayers coming back from a Jeep run with smiles on faces and shock at the fun a Jeep can bring into your life. Some will tell you that they wanted to hate the Jeep, but how do you hate an Icon that is so much fun to drive.

In traffic ( Nashvilles traffic is catching up to other major cities) I see disgruntled people driving brand X boring rides weaving, cussing, and angry. I don't see that with Jeepers. I don't feel that way myself. I have a smile creep up on my face every time I drive my Jeep. Oh, what the naysayers are missing out on. That is their dumb choice, right?!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeepgreen

Well, if I do the math, 10 year old jeep, that looks 2x better than a car 1/2 its age and still worth 75% of it's original value, add to that I am100% more interested in keeping it forever so, a better value for me in the long run..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
I've owned my fair share of cars, suvs, and pick ups over the years, and I'm around and in many makes and models every week fixing dents.....amongst the favorites I've owned were a '01 Chevy S-10 ZR2, '02 325i, '07 Acura RDX, '10 Camaro SS, and '13 Jetta GLI, my wife drives a '16 Accord Sport which is also a nice ride......my '17 Rubicon HR is far and away my favorite vehicle I've owned. It's more expensive than "nicer" luxury cars and SUVs, it's not as "safe" as others, not as fast as a pony car, and it doesn't ride as nice as other SUVs and it gets shitty gas mileage. But I couldn't give less shits because it's just too much fucking fun!!

Top Bottom