IF YOU HAD $80K - Would You Buy a Totally Built Jeep or Build Your Own?

With $80K - Would you buy a built up Jeep or build your own?

• Well duh! Buy a built up Jeep!

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Are you Kidding? Build my own of course!

Votes: 64 95.5%

• Total voters

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A recent for sale thread got me thinking about this question, if you had $80,000 in cash to spend, would you prefer to buy a used but built up Jeep with low miles OR would you prefer to use the money and buy/build a Jeep the way you want? Granted, buying a Jeep that is already built up would allow you to hit the trails today but it may come with parts that you may or may not like. Of course, starting from scratch would mean that it could take months before you got to play with your Jeep but then, you could have it built however you want. So, what say you?

This thread does have a Poll attached to it and if you're on a computer, I'd be grateful if you could cast a vote as well as state what you would do and why. If you're on a mobile device, you can just respond and let us know as well. Thanks!

With $80K - Would you buy a built up Jeep or build your own?
1. Well duh! Buy a built up Jeep
2. Are you Kidding - Build my own

main.php

ChiliDawg

2. For me modding it is half the fun of owning it. I could have spent a little more when I bought mine and gotten a used semi-built Jeep but it's someone else's decisions, and I want my own. So I started from stock.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kyle7R

Build my own, there's something to be said for putting your fingerprints on your own jeep. I can look at my own jeep and remember every install.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
#2 for sure, I would buy the jeep i wanted and then build it myself. for me, there is the reward of seeing what you built tackle what you put it up against. I do all my own work except welding and gears, it was very satisfying knowing my 2 door that I built made it through the rubicon and everywhere else without breaking down. granted I have the know how and help on here to help me build but I enjoy the process as I'm going through now with my 4 door.

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I would buy a WJ for 5k and dump 75k into it. :cheesy:

Seriously I would build my own how I want it for that kind of money. Which is basically what we did with our JK on a lower price scale. We made sure there was money left over for the mods the wife wanted so she could have 'her' jeep.

Ddays

Hooked
Build. Made enough mistakes myself along the way...sure as shit not spending $80k on someone else's! I'm no "built not bought jerk" but the build process for me was as much fun as taking it out & having fun with it!

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I should add too that if you build you kinda know the ins and outs of your jeep so when a break does happen you likely know how to replace that part or maybe even rig it up to get home.

Sent from my SM-G928V using WAYALIFE mobile app

agiron

Build, I made the mistake of buying my TJ and as I started to change things I found that the work was poor and ended up opening up cans if worms... on my jk I am hoping to do everything I can and learn what I can't.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom