Thread: Maxxis Bighorn 762 or Achilles Desert Hawk X-MT?

Maxxis Bighorn 762 or Achilles Desert Hawk X-MT?

I looking at going to a 305/70R17 mud tyre soon and the only 2 i can get locally are the Maxxis Bighorn 762 or Achilles Desert Hawk X-MT. Anyone have any experience with either tyre? which one would you choose and why? I'm leaning towards the Achilles as it is a little cheaper and looks very aggressive.

Been Around the Block tippedover's Avatar
    I ran the maxxis bighorns and loved them handled great in the mud and off road never did to much on the rocks with them, but in raid and snow they killed it. My only complaint with them was that they don't make a 37 so I had to switch but I had zero complaints with them!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks mate. Good too hear. Maxxis make great tyres.

Apart from a snow trip later this year they'll mainly be used in the sand, hard clay and mud.

Really hoping someone has some experience with the Achilles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app