VIDEO : CALAMITY JANE - Diving into the Tub of Our Jeep CJ5 Renegade [Part 5]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When Cindy and I first saw Jane, we really thought we could just bring her home, clean her up a bit and be happy using her as is. Of course, it didn’t take long for our simple cleaning to turn into stripping and welding and before we knew it, we were knee deep into breathing new life into much of her old iron. In this episode, we’ll be moving from the outside of her body and diving into her tub where we spent a lot of time scouring, sanding and cleaning it up before treating it with some POR 15. We then prepped everything to have everything bed lined with a durable coat of Raptor Liner. We hope you enjoy our presentation.

:cool:

Kaylinator

Another stellar video!

Can you explain the decision to leave the cubby door on when raptor lining? Does it still open?

🇨🇦 eh?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another stellar video!

Can you explain the decision to leave the cubby door on when raptor lining? Does it still open?

���� eh?

Thanks! The tool box door is spot welded in place from the factory and cannot be removed or at least, not very easily. We taped it off at the seams so that we could Raptor Line over it. Once done, we removed the tape and everything works fine :)

20170115114636-cdfdcb0d-me.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I really like the video series on the build. I know it's a ton of work, but it's really great to see. I find myself checking YouTube, just to see if a new Jane video is there. Thanks Eddie & Cindy!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dchew

Caught the Bug
Fantastic prep work! This video does a great job showing why I'm such a crappy painter. :grayno:

Nice work and thanks for documenting all this; I'm bookmarking this one for the next time I dive into All-out Rust Attack.

Dave

jeeeep

Hooked
nice! :thumb:

how long did it actually take to complete the liner spraying (without the prep work)?

how many coats did you apply?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video! The bed liner looks fantastic!

Thanks! :cool:

My phone hates me. I can't see the video. [emoji20] Jane is sure coming along nicely though! [emoji106]

Really? That sucks, I can see it fine on my iPhone :idontknow:

Fantastic prep work! This video does a great job showing why I'm such a crappy painter. :grayno:

Nice work and thanks for documenting all this; I'm bookmarking this one for the next time I dive into All-out Rust Attack.

Dave

LOL!! Glad that we could help out with this video :D

nice! :thumb:

how long did it actually take to complete the liner spraying (without the prep work)?

how many coats did you apply?

I applied 3 coats total and it took the better part of a day to mask everything off and spray it in.

WJCO

Meme King
Looks great. Love these videos. Also for plugging those holes, you can use those little orange foam ear plugs.

Dusty

The prep work really payed off, Jane is looking awesome and another great video. Can't wait to see what you post next.

bobbot

This series showing the whole process is awesome! Thanks for taking the effort to share it with everyone!

Top Bottom