Jeep Lean Fix

Soylent

20161104_171453.jpg

Seems to bother me more on some days. Leans to the right as typical. About 3/4" to 1" through the bump stops, more out at the fenders. Has anyone used the EVO adjustable sway bar links for this? Any noticeable handling change on the street. Could this also be adjusted out with the bolt-on coilovers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I had the same issue. About 1" difference at the fender so I fitted a 1" spacer to the right rear spring and now it sits perfectly level. It also has less body roll on left turns.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Sorry forgot to add I had previously added a 1/2" spacer in the right front some time ago. That fixed the front but looking at it from behind it still had the lean so I did the right rear 1" spacer and now it's perfect.

RubiMyers

I know mine leans with anything more than half a tank of gas. I thought about doing the 3/4" spacer to level it out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Seems to bother me more on some days. Leans to the right as typical. About 3/4" to 1" through the bump stops, more out at the fenders. Has anyone used the EVO adjustable sway bar links for this? Any noticeable handling change on the street. Could this also be adjusted out with the bolt-on coilovers?

Yes, you can install adjustable sway bar links and purposefully set one longer to help compensate for the lean. You can also install a spacer between the passenger side sway bar mount and the frame rail and that will help too. If you have bolt on coil overs, you could add more preload to your passenger side and that would take care of it as well.

tippedover

I just noticed this problem after I got back from Moab, their is no signs of damage or anything so I measured the springs and I have a 1/2 inch difference on both passenger side springs. (Running RK 4 inch lift) I was thinking just buy a 1/2 inch spacer for each spring. Has anyone tried this?

Maybe this is the same thing Eddie said but reads different to me. Still learning.

Brute

Hooked
What causes the lean to passenger side?...I've even noticed this in my Anvil after returning from the Rubicon last august...I don't any more weight on the passenger side than I do driver's side

JeepFan

Hooked
Just about every stock JK I've seen has a more or less lean to the passengers side. This is due to the extra weight of a full tank of gas.

WJCO

Meme King
What causes the lean to passenger side?...I've even noticed this in my Anvil after returning from the Rubicon last august...I don't any more weight on the passenger side than I do driver's side

Redistribute your beer to the driver's side. That's what we did.

Brute

Hooked
Still, I'd like to know the the cause of the lean to passenger...I weigh more than a full tank of gas, and I'm the only one in the Jeep 90% of the time...and the tank is full only momentarily...

Soylent

Not really sure. I haven't really noticed less of a lean with an empty tank. Some people have tried switching the coils from one side to the other and saw no difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom