Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clayton Off Road entry level 3.5" lift and JK trouble shooting

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Welcome to WAL!

Just to be clear, are you saying that by just placing your front sway bar links your body roll went away?
    No, I replaced the Rubicon electronic sway bar with a stock one piece traditional sway bar. That is what made the body roll go away. In addition I installed the Quicker Disconnects so I would still have the ability to disconnect the front sway bar if I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Unloyalsweatsuit View Post
    No, I replaced the Rubicon electronic sway bar with a stock one piece traditional sway bar. That is what made the body roll go away. In addition I installed the Quicker Disconnects so I would still have the ability to disconnect the front sway bar if I wanted.
    You had a lengthy post so I don't remember but did you take the sway bar motor apart and see if there was anything broken on the inside of the disconnect assembly?
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepJeep75 View Post
    I made it through, then blacked-out... I think the OP said all Rubicon equipped jeeps are no good.
    hahaha just want to put it out there that I did not mean to imply that all Rubicon equipped jeeps are no good... its amazing how capable these vehicles are and I absolutely love driving mine. My disappointment/frustration was solely directed toward the failure prone electronic sway bar disconnect and how much play there was in that system. I am a recent, first time wrangler owner and do not know anyone else with one so I'm finding out this kind of quirky/problematic stuff as it happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Unloyalsweatsuit View Post
    Curious, why didn't you just replace the motor with the EVO no limits disconnect? That way you retain the Rubi swaybar and the ability to disconnect faster than removing end links. Was there actually something wrong with the sway bar, or was it just not connecting properly?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    You had a lengthy post so I don't remember but did you take the sway bar motor apart and see if there was anything broken on the inside of the disconnect assembly?
    haha no prob, I did take it apart and cleaned/degreased all of the gears and the housing, which gave me a great look at everything. It all looked OK from what I could tell...none of the teeth seemed mashed or were missing on the gears and I was able to get everything to work/engage manually before putting it all back together.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    Curious, why didn't you just replace the motor with the EVO no limits disconnect? That way you retain the Rubi swaybar and the ability to disconnect faster than removing end links. Was there actually something wrong with the sway bar, or was it just not connecting properly?

I almost pulled the trigger on the EVO no limits disconnect until I discovered the inherent inch of play in the system. I assumed that the EVO unit would not have corrected that play.. Maybe it would have though? Something could have been damaged on the stock rubi disconnect as well, being the 3rd owner I cant be 100% sure what this thing was put through before I got it.

Nothing but a Thing
    That post makes my eyes hurt. Your first mod should be to fix the return button on your keyboard and research the definition of paragraph.

Knows a Thing or Two CastleRockJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zimm View Post
    That post makes my eyes hurt. Your first mod should be to fix the return button on your keyboard and research the definition of paragraph.
    Paragraph? I couldn't read it. Thank you for those that summed it up for the rest of us!

Knows a Thing or Two ScoobyCarolanNC's Avatar
    Glad you figured it out & welcome aboard!

Sent from my duck blind.

the rubicon sway bar end links need to be at the same length so it will lock up, it they're not the same length then the sway bar may not lock up properly and you'll get sway.

when disengaged each side swings separate from the other.

but good you figured it out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12