Edelbrock or ripp?

Travv310

Really considering both which supercharger do you think is better the e-force is cheaper and has a 3year/36,000 mile warranty and ripp doesn't have any I don't believe. Just looking for some input from people with more knowledge than me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bigjimbo

I went ripp for cost and install. I have had good luck with their customer service as well.

After a year and 12k miles, I'm still happy with my purchase.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Same reason why some have swapped LS and hemi in their JKs.

Same horsepower, 25% the cost and doable by any home mechanic.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: now that is some funny shit right there. You just keep telling yourself that :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
5.7 hemi is very close to a supercharged 3.6 from the dynos I've been seeing

Well yeah, but nobody I know has been installing 5.7 HEMI's since the 3.6L came out. As far as dynos go, I've seen a RIPP in person and it's NOWHERE CLOSE to what they advertise especially at the wheels. But hey, you keep on believing whatever it is you want to believe :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd hope not. A V8 swap is 4x the cost.

Well sure it is. With something like an LS, you also get REAL power instead of the imagined power you have with a supercharger and at all the wrong times. You should see all the superchargers that Motech has from all the motor swaps they've done. It's almost comical.

Travv310

Well yeah, but nobody I know has been installing 5.7 HEMI's since the 3.6L came out. As far as dynos go, I've seen a RIPP in person and it's NOWHERE CLOSE to what they advertise especially at the wheels. But hey, you keep on believing whatever it is you want to believe :crazyeyes:

So neither one are worth the money basically?

Bigjimbo

Well sure it is. With something like an LS, you also get REAL power instead of the imagined power you have with a supercharger and at all the wrong times. You should see all the superchargers that Motech has from all the motor swaps they've done. It's almost comical.
I won't argue that a SC is better. That's not what I intended to relay - nor what I believe.

I'm happy with the power I'm making for the money I spent.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So neither one are worth the money basically?

Not from what I have seen over the last 10 years. EVERYONE I know with a supercharger is always at the end of the pack when climbing a long grade due to overheating issues. EVERYONE I know with a supercharger has a hell of a time in places like Moab or on any trail where a good bump is needed. The supercharger ALWAYS kicks in late and with a whole lot of nothing. The dynos I've personally seen had shown LESS than 25% HP gains at the wheels. I have literally been offered to install 3 different superchargers over the last 10 years and if they really were all that they're cracked up to be, I would have done it. Fact of the matter is, they are a waste of money and that's why I saved up to have an LS installed.

Travv310

Not from what I have seen over the last 10 years. EVERYONE I know with a supercharger is always at the end of the pack when climbing a long grade due to overheating issues. EVERYONE I know with a supercharger has a hell of a time in places like Moab or on any trail where a good bump is needed. The supercharger ALWAYS kicks in late and with a whole lot of nothing. The dynos I've personally seen had shown LESS than 25% HP gains at the wheels. I have literally been offered to install 3 different superchargers over the last 10 years and if they really were all that they're cracked up to be, I would have done it. Fact of the matter is, they are a waste of money and that's why I saved up to have an LS installed.

Well thanks for the advice that's why I asked I don't see 25% being worth the money in my mind so maybe I'll just have to sell some stuff. [emoji1417]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I won't argue that a SC is better. That's not what I intended to relay - nor what I believe.

I'm happy with the power I'm making for the money I spent.

If I had paid upwards of $6,000 just for the kit, I'm sure I would convince myself that I'm happy with it too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well thanks for the advice that's why I asked I don't see 25% being worth the money in my mind so maybe I'll just have to sell some stuff. [emoji1417]

Please forgive me for misspeaking. I need to clarify that what I saw was just barely 25 additional HP at the wheels.

WJCO

Meme King
I'll be the first to say that forced air induction kicks ass, but not in a Jeep application. If you're building a street car or even a weekend cruiser, it is a fun mod and even makes cool sounds to show off. But on a Jeep, I see it as unnecessary. Especially when you can regear for a fraction of the cost.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be the first to say that forced air induction kicks ass, but not in a Jeep application. If you're building a street car or even a weekend cruiser, it is a fun mod and even makes cool sounds to show off. But on a Jeep, I see it as unnecessary. Especially when you can regear for a fraction of the cost.

Couldn't agree more. In a JK, nothing will give you more real power than a re-gear. Well, that or an LS :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom