PSC -8 AN Steering Pressure Hose

12-17 Jeep JK OEM steering high pressure hoses have found to be to restrictive and have a teflon insert. Stock pumps or upgraded pumps overheat when you install larger tires and ask the small piston gear box to turn them. The heat melts the teflon insert and sends it directly into the valve of the gearbox.We have found that this restriction also can have some overall system speed issues when adding cylinder assist. PSC now has a true 1/2" ID pressure hose kit with no teflon insert that converts your pump and gear box to -8 AN for super easy install. Combine this with the -8 AN return line kit for maximum increase in flow and turning speed.

IMG_9816.JPG melted teflon hose.jpg HK2097.jpg

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

That's a huge size difference between the two hoses mentioned. No doubt you're getting better performance out of the 1/2 inch -8 AN sized hoses. I look forward to the day I get my PSC kit!! [emoji106][emoji51]

I'm assuming that this will greatly help with steering on the stock box?
It does two things 1.Flow is increased helping oil temp and overall turning speed. 2.Insurance your Teflon insert doesn't melt and plugs your gear box. I cannot confirm this yet, but im testing the factory ATF+4 fluid to see if this adds to problem.

PSCJEFF:beer:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It does two things 1.Flow is increased helping oil temp and overall turning speed. 2.Insurance your Teflon insert doesn't melt and plugs your gear box. I cannot confirm this yet, but im testing the factory ATF+4 fluid to see if this adds to problem.

PSCJEFF:beer:

Makes sense. Thanks Jeff!

Ddays

Hooked
Shit. I wish I would have waiting 2 more weeks lol.

Yup, one more damn thing to have to buy. Never knew this was an issue but of course now that I do I have to get this cause it'll bug the living shit outta me not having it.....

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Just installed my kit, but thinking about getting this to add on already, would this help possibly with slower speed turning at all?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Since I may be the first to run this extra setup, I will try and take a lot of pictures and comment when I install this.

Top Bottom