Freedom top and doors leak

black pearl

Hooked
Now I know for the most part jeeps are only water resistant not water tight but I want to figure out a way not to have standing water on my floor boards I found where it's coming in on the door jambs just below the a pillar not sure if someone has figured a way to remedy this as for the roof my solution for the time being to keep the water out of the CD player is a bucket any insight would be greatly appreciated IMG_4477.jpg IMG_4476.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Now I know for the most part jeeps are only water resistant not water tight but I want to figure out a way not to have standing water on my floor boards I found where it's coming in on the door jambs just below the a pillar not sure if someone has figured a way to remedy this as for the roof my solution for the time being to keep the water out of the CD player is a bucket any insight would be greatly appreciated View attachment 239571 View attachment 239572

I've never had leaking issues with my hardtop and it rains ~70% of the year here.
I'd run a bead of silicone to the front of the hardtop to create a seal.
Allow it to dry on the top so it's still easily removable.

black pearl

Hooked
I've never had leaking issues with my hardtop and it rains ~70% of the year here.
I'd run a bead of silicone to the front of the hardtop to create a seal.
Allow it to dry on the top so it's still easily removable.

I might have to try that when all the rain here stops I was also thinking of sliding foam inside the factory seals this is my first winter with this jeep

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I had the issue with leaks on the center, not sure what changed but it stopped when I put the hard top back on this time. Did you check all your seals to make sure nothing is pinched or folded over funny?

bigcale

Caught the Bug
Mine does that sometimes when I am in a hurry to put the freedom panels back on because of some thunderstorm is rolling through in the afternoon. Sometimes the seals don't line up just right.

To fix it I usually undo all the latches and take out the screws, then pop the door side of each panel up a few inches and set it back down a few times then lock it all back down.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Regarding you door jam leak. I had the same issue, followed this video and fixed it.

On my 09 I had a leak in the same location and found that using some silicone lubricant on the rubber around the freedom panels helped but didn't completely fix the issue.

Last edited:

black pearl

Hooked
Mine does that sometimes when I am in a hurry to put the freedom panels back on because of some thunderstorm is rolling through in the afternoon. Sometimes the seals don't line up just right.

To fix it I usually undo all the latches and take out the screws, then pop the door side of each panel up a few inches and set it back down a few times then lock it all back down.

I couldn't tell you how many times I have fussed with the top was going to take it to the dealer but they said two weeks before they could get my jeep in and most of what there doing is water issues

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I see that you are having this issue on a 2016, I'd take it in and try to get the freedom panel seals replaced under warranty.

black pearl

Hooked
I see that you are having this issue on a 2016, I'd take it in and try to get the freedom panel seals replaced under warranty.

Yeah I'm just trying to figure it out because they can't get me in for over a week and we have four more days of rain in the weather that's coming through now

Andy5160

Hooked
I had to take my jeep to the dealer twice for the door jamb leak. It was done under warranty. Also i would suggest remove two panels and reinstall them just make sure not to overtight the two long screws with the handle.

black pearl

Hooked
I had to take my jeep to the dealer twice for the door jamb leak. It was done under warranty. Also i would suggest remove two panels and reinstall them just make sure not to overtight the two long screws with the handle.

I pulled them off again this morning when it stopped raining I'll see how that part goes for the rest of the rain the doors I guess I will have to deal with the pleasures of the dealership again

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Haha that is how I feel it's like a since project under my seats .... I should just pull all my carpet and open the floor plugs

Exactly what mine is like now, no carpet no plugs. I put all new seals on the freedom top. Time to go over this PDF posted.

I might just by the best top soft top section, I bet that fixes it.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
My last rig leaked to the point that even the person sitting in the middle of the rear seat would get wet in the rain. (See Crystal build thread in signature for details). I ended up pulling all the drain plugs, removing the carpet and installing the BedTread so that at least I wouldn't have standing water in it. Ended up working great, but not even the dude who flew down from the Jeep factory could fix the leaks. Sucks, I loved that rig otherwise.

dirtdonthurt

I bought butyl rubber. Rolled a piece maybe 3 inches long about as thick as a crayon and put it on the metal between the door and rubber door seal. The top corner forms like a boomerang shape. It puts pressure on the rubber seal. Worked for me.

Top Bottom