Two 12v Batteries with split charge

Roadglide-Rider

Anyone out there running twin batteries with split charge - main battery for normal Jeep systems, starting etc and the second for accessories such as lighting and so on when camping? If so, where have you located the second battery?

Sent from my SM-G920F using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

I'm working on an alternate setup right now. The second battery is actually in the cargo area, with a quick disconnect "Anderson" plug. This lets me use it as a jump box. The line that heads to the rear is on a breaker and contactor (big relay), that connects to an ACC line.

Pair that with some jumper cables with Anderson plugs, and I can see this getting quite versatile.

scrota76

Looks like this thread is a couple weeks old, but I thought I would share that I just saw Painless has a dual battery setup or complete kit now. The wiring kit is shown on their website, but not the tray. The video I saw was on YouTube, and it was an interview with Painless at SEMA or the CES show, not sure which. I would be interested to know the price of the kit once it is for sale.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

2011jk

I use a Painless cirkit Boss Good Samaritan Dual Battery System system, been using this type for over 20 years.
My second hawker is in the back.

Attachments

• IMG_1846.jpg
    IMG_1846.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 77

onbelay

Genesis. Best system out there. Bought it shortly after our battery died in the middle of Death Valley ... during July. It's scary to think what might have happened if we didn't have another vehicle with us. The ham radio followed shortly after that!

Top Bottom