Suggestions on Rock Sliders with Teraflex LCG Lift

jkjurny

So the 4wheelparts installing my Teraflex LCG Elite lift called and let me know my Smittybilt SRC steps/rails won't go back on. They use the rear body mount area, just like ACE and the Evo sliders do, and the rear bracket block the from going in.

While I never was happy with the Smittybilt rails due to quality, I was hoping for more time to find ones I like and save the cash for it.

I really need steps for the family. The Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers will match my bumpers, but they don't look like they offer much of a step. The other choice looks to be the Teraflex step, but the look is just ok and the install isn't as straight forward as the Poison Spyder.

Any suggestions for a Rail/Step? I wish I could afford the Rick Slide Engineering one... Thanks in advance.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would go to EVO and have them put them on. A member by the name of Strainger on here just has his new '13 outfitted with some EVO gear and had his sliders angled down a bit to act as a step as well. I will get a picture for you in a minute.

ttfhell

I ordered these from EVO angled down for my short ass. Should be done next week. This is a pic from EVO. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359176676.176672.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
attachment.php

attachment.php

Sharkey

Word Ninja
EVO sliders weld directly to the frame and don't mount to the body mounts. I'm sure EVO can tell you if they work with the TF LA setup.

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
I had same issue with step. Check out LoDs as well. Heavy duty and with a reasonable step. I just swapped out body armor raills for them. They had a nice step, but couldn't hold up on the trails. I think Hanson and pure jeep make a decent step. Just a few options to look at.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, the EVO sliders DO NOT attach to the body mounts, they weld on directly to the frame rails. Also, the LoD's are a good options to look at too.

jkjurny

I run the TF LA and EVO sliders. No issues.

Can you send pics of how the rears welded on? Here is a pic of my rear bracket. That angled piece within the body mount area is what is blocking my current slider from getting installed.

Does anyone have experience with the Hanson OffRoad slider?

Thanks for the suggestions so far.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1359234301.528015.jpg

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Hansons are nice, but far from a hardcore rock crawling slider.

Btw you need to tell EVO the sliders are for a teraflex long arm, the rear bracket is further forward than the off the shelf EVO sliders

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom