Evo MFG low angle rock sliders

Defcon3JKU

Does anyone have the Evo MFG low angle rock sliders they could link a picture of. I'm trying to decide if I want to order the regular ones or the low angle so my wife and kids will have a little bit of a step to get in. I can't find but 2 pictures of these things on a JKU and they both are crappy pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Been running them for years and love them
IMG_7309.jpg
And here is 10frank9 Jeep with the low angle
IMG_7310.JPG

GraniteCrystal

Here are some pics of mine. Happy to take more if you need them.

IMG_20161216_161612.jpg

IMG_20161216_161234.jpg

If you get them and paint them yourself, be sure to shoot some paint inside the cutout of the logo on each end to prevent rust.

Defcon3JKU

Thanks for the pictures and feedback everyone. I'm about to order one or the other and I wanted to hear from people that have the low angle to see if they like them. I like the look of the regular how they are high and right under the door but if my kids and wife could use these as some type of step I'll probably get these. I'll be upgrading to Dana 60s on 40s hopefully this year or next year, so them getting in and out will be a little rough. I'm tall so doesn't affect me, lol.

PHX JK

Here are some pics of mine. Happy to take more if you need them.

View attachment 240148

View attachment 240149

If you get them and paint them yourself, be sure to shoot some paint inside the cutout of the logo on each end to prevent rust.

I really would love some of those on my rig. I saw some today an another members JK and loved them, It seemed easier to get in and out of and looked awesome. I like the weld-on type too
PHX

Hilop

Caught the Bug
I didn't want to start a new thread for this question. I just picked up some of these low angle sliders, can rock skins be installed after the sliders been installed? My monthly jeep budget is tapped and I want to install the sliders asap. Thanks

BaddestCross

I didn't want to start a new thread for this question. I just picked up some of these low angle sliders, can rock skins be installed after the sliders been installed? My monthly jeep budget is tapped and I want to install the sliders asap. Thanks
I would think it would be pretty tough to install skins after the sliders are welded on, but I've never tried it.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Yes they can. I did and it was very easily. The normal angled sliders need the skins installed first.
Pic of slider install
IMG_8091.JPG
Pic of skins installed at a later date
IMG_8216.JPG

black pearl

Hooked
Yes they can. I did and it was very easily. The normal angled sliders need the skins installed first.
Pic of slider install
View attachment 278439
Pic of skins installed at a later date
View attachment 278440

This is good to know, as I was wondering the same thing.
I'm also wondering if the skins are even necessary, with a high Quality slider installed. I'm hoping to have the EVO low angle sliders by the end of the year.

JeepJeep75

This is good to know, as I was wondering the same thing.
I'm also wondering if the skins are even necessary, with a high Quality slider installed. I'm hoping to have the EVO low angle sliders by the end of the year.

Low angle or not, if you hit them hard enough, they will make contact with the body where the pinch-seam is closest to the horizontal part of the slider coming off the frame. IMG_8169.jpg I have the regular angle sliders with no skins.

Top Bottom