Wave from Northern VA

bradyo11

Hello all!

My story is probably a little different than most for being on here. I am currently planning out my next build and love looking at all the wealth of information available on this site and on youtube from Wayalife!
Currently, I drive a 2014 Jetta GLI. I absolutely love it but it is time for me to get back into a Jeep again. I say BACK into because my love for Jeeps is deep to when I was a kid and first rode in my cousins TJ Sahara. From then, I knew what I wanted. When I graduated from school and was going to be making a drive from Northern VA to Virginia Tech on a regular basis (Hokie grad) I decided to move to the Jetta.
My first Jeep in high school was a 2003 Sahara. Which I think I sadly do not have a picture of. Loved it. Hard top, auto, 2.5" spacer lift, MTR Kevlars and KC HiLights.
I eventually transitioned that Jeep to my brother who needed a new vehicle.
I then switched to a 2009 Wrangler Unlimited X.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cb.jpg
As always, love my jeeps. Grew out of the 4 speed and weak engine. As a family, we had a bone stock 1997 TJ Sport that needed a lot of love. SO. I sold the JKU and went with another TJ. Manual, white, w/ tan soft top that was broken and quite dirty. We stripped the carpet, stereo, speakers, front seats, added a rear seat cover, 33in Duratracs, 3" RC lift, front bumper and winch, new black soft top, painted the grill and discolored fender flares, etc.
photo (1).jpg
photwero.jpg
phnnnoto.jpg
phhhhoto.jpg
pho22to_2.jpg
pho22to.jpg
photo.jpg

After a while driving this baby around I transitioned again to a 2012 JK Sport, silver, manual. This one i added a JKU Rubi suspension that netted about a 2" lift. 33" Duratracs, front light bar and painted front grill
Image.jpg
201.jpg
2013.jpg
After that is when i went with the Jetta. I have been searching and trying to sell the Jetta for the past 2 months or so now. Almost got a used JKUR from Carmax but was an idiot and missed pulling the trigger by a day :mad:
Oh well. Something will come along and it will be the right Jeep and the right time to sell or trade the Jetta. Just anxiously looking forward to it and being able to share the new (and probably last) build on my long term Jeep.

Thanks for reading and rock on all! (If anyone has someone in NOVA that wants a well taken care of Jetta GLI let me know ;) jk )

Attachments

• IMGP1636.jpg
    IMGP1636.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 47

bradyo11

My brother also had a 2013 JK. He recently traded up to a 2017 JKU Sport. Funny. We went in looking for me and talking numbers. Left with him in a new JKU -__- but here is his. We recently went to a great DIY garage and did his lift, wheels, and tires. Great experience. Much better than makeshift lifting at our house. IMG_8110.jpg IMG_8112.jpg IMG_8114.jpg IMG_8116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkcrow

My brother also had a 2013 JK. He recently traded up to a 2017 JKU Sport. Funny. We went in looking for me and talking numbers. Left with him in a new JKU -__- but here is his. We recently went to a great DIY garage and did his lift, wheels, and tires. Great experience. Much better than makeshift lifting at our house.

Was this DIY garage in NOVA? I’ve been looking quite a while for a do it yourself garage in Virginia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bradyo11

Was this DIY garage in NOVA? I’ve been looking quite a while for a do it yourself garage in Virginia.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The garage was I think named Shade Tree Garage? It was in Pennsylvania but not too far for the amount of savings and time you get from either installing in a garage or paying someone to do it. [emoji1303]

Jkcrow

The garage was I think named Shade Tree Garage? It was in Pennsylvania but not too far for the amount of savings and time you get from either installing in a garage or paying someone to do it. [emoji1303]

Cool! Thanks so much for the info [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom