Hardcore PR 60/60 with 37"s???

BlackDiamond_JKU

PR60/60 with 37”s?

Just ordered the Hardcore Pro Rock 60/60 axle set Pro Rock 60 High Pinion front, Pro 60 Low Pinion rear, on 8x6.5 bolt pattern with pro grip brake kit, and I am planning on running them with 37’s until I come to the point where I do a LS/Hemi swap as well as make this not my daily driver, then make the jump to 40’s.

Is anybody else running the Pro 60 Full float standard cut (low pinion) rear with 37”s?

How much clearance did you loose compared to the Rubi D44?

Do you wish you had just jumped to 40’s?
I do a lot of over the road driving, 8-10 hour trips about once to twice a month so I was wanting to hold off until this isn’t my daily.

Thanks Guys

(**Yes I used the search bar, no I didn’t find the answers I was looking for, or they were what I would consider old and out of date, so save your forum tough guy internet rules bullshit for somewhere else)

Last edited:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Congrats on the new axles! I don't know anyone else doing this combo besides myself. Axles will be here soon, I'll let you know how it goes

WJCO

Meme King
PR60/60 with 37”s?

Just ordered the Hardcore Pro Rock 60/60 axle set High Pinion front, low pinion rear on 8x6.5 with pro grip brake kit, and I am planning on running them with 37’s until I come to the point where I do a LS/Hemi swap and make the jump to 40’s.

Is anybody else running the PR60 Full float standard cut (low pinion) rear with 37”s?

I do a lot of over the road driving, 8-10 hour trips about once to twice a month so I was wanting to hold off until this isn’t my daily.

Thanks Guys

(**Yes I used the search bar, no I didn’t find the answers I was looking for, or they were what I would consider old and out of date, so save your forum tough guy internet rules bullshit for somewhere else)

Did you use the search bar?

J/K, congrats on the new axles.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Dynatrac states on their page that youll gain ground clearance thanks to their PR60 design.

IMG_0231.jpg

Coop

Caught the Bug
Ddays has a pr60 rear now but it is SF. I know he was seriously considering the quote he got for the 60/60 package. Might check with him on the questions you have about the pr60.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

I think he's referring to the rear axle housing which is just a "PRO 60" not the ProRock 60. It's not cut with the same clearance but I wouldn't think at all it will be a big deal.

Ddays

Hooked
Ddays has a pr60 rear now but it is SF. I know he was seriously considering the quote he got for the 60/60 package. Might check with him on the questions you have about the pr60.

LOL, I was a day away from ordering this set but being that I am such an impulsive SOB I decided for once to step back and do an analysis for a change.
Looking at my pro vs. con list I ultimately decided against. The wife & I decided to get a travel trailer instead!

Now, if I bend one more goddam axle flange, look out, FF PR60/60 package here I come!

Coop

Caught the Bug
LOL, I was a day away from ordering this set but being that I am such an impulsive SOB I decided for once to step back and do an analysis for a change.
Looking at my pro vs. con list I ultimately decided against. The wife & I decided to get a travel trailer instead!

Now, if I bend one more goddam axle flange, look out, FF PR60/60 package here I come!

Lol! Keeping the wife happy is an achievement we often miss when it comes to Jeeps. You have my admiration! I gave in to my weaker side and ordered the damn 60.

Ddays

Hooked
Lol! Keeping the wife happy is an achievement we often miss when it comes to Jeeps. You have my admiration! I gave in to my weaker side and ordered the damn 60.

Hahaha, well, IF I ever do decide to go with the new 60's I'll have some goodwill in the "bank" ;)
Now if I hadn't already had the PR rear, I'm afraid that damn trailer would just have to wait another year :yup:

PR60/60 with 37”s?

Just ordered the Hardcore Pro Rock 60/60 axle set Pro Rock 60 High Pinion front, Pro 60 Low Pinion rear, on 8x6.5 bolt pattern with pro grip brake kit, and I am planning on running them with 37’s until I come to the point where I do a LS/Hemi swap as well as make this not my daily driver, then make the jump to 40’s.

Is anybody else running the Pro 60 Full float standard cut (low pinion) rear with 37”s?

Thanks Guys

Congrats on your PR60 purchases! We'll work on getting you an answer to this in lieu of someone else posting an answer.

PR60/60 with 37”s?

Thanks Guys

The lowest point of the D60 is about 1” lower than the D44. In terms of 40s with a V8, shouldn’t be a problem for the standard off-roader.

AdrockTT

PR60/60 with 37”s?

Thanks Guys

I'll have that setup installed very shortly (LP FF rear PR60 w 37s). I'll give you some reviews when I have the required seat time :)

tgoss

Couple guys on here running this package with 37's and nothing but good things to say.

Personally I don't really know wtf is going on with my pro 60 rear axle but the diff cover seems to be an issue that I've had to retorque and as of today re-seal entirely due to leakage.

When I got after this today multiple bolts were hand tight at best. This is after a 500 mile diff service at ORE and a re torque when I saw a few drops on the garage floor.

I don't know if I keep hitting the bottom of it and jolting it loose because the cover overhangs the housing slightly or if it's something else entirely. At least now it's very pretty under there and on to figuring out why the Fvck this thing is stuttering under partial load. Dumb Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Couple guys on here running this package with 37's and nothing but good things to say.

Personally I don't really know wtf is going on with my pro 60 rear axle but the diff cover seems to be an issue that I've had to retorque and as of today re-seal entirely due to leakage.

When I got after this today multiple bolts were hand tight at best. This is after a 500 mile diff service at ORE and a re torque when I saw a few drops on the garage floor.

I don't know if I keep hitting the bottom of it and jolting it loose because the cover overhangs the housing slightly or if it's something else entirely. At least now it's very pretty under there and on to figuring out why the Fvck this thing is stuttering under partial load. Dumb Jeep.

What kind of RTV are you using when you install your cover? How much torque are you tightening the bolts to? On the PR60 that I'm running on Rubicat, the one I've had forever and used to be on Moby, I took a grinder with a flap disc to the base of the cover to make sure it wouldn't be an issue. There wasn't much of a lip but no lip is still better to have.

tgoss

What kind of RTV are you using when you install your cover? How much torque are you tightening the bolts to? On the PR60 that I'm running on Rubicat, the one I've had forever and used to be on Moby, I took a grinder with a flap disc to the base of the cover to make sure it wouldn't be an issue. There wasn't much of a lip but no lip is still better to have.

Right stuff by permatex, same as I've always used.

Image1500835041.999441.jpg

I very well might have to do that. I never had any issues on my old PR60 either... here's how the bottom looks on the new axle:

Image1500835150.094132.jpg Image1500835195.198335.jpg

Top Bottom