Colorado Guys - special trail ride for foster kids

GraniteCrystal

To everyone near Denver (+/- 4 hours), I'm hosting a special trail run this summer I'm hoping you'll join me for. It'll be Thursday, June 8th.

Royal Family Kids is a non-profit charity designed to help foster kids. They do a whole bunch of cool stuff throughout the year and in the summer they host camps just for these kids. Most of these kids have experienced some type of abuse; camp is a place for them to be treated like royalty and just be a kid for a week.

I've received approval to bring a group of Jeeps up to camp one day that week and take the kids along on a trail run. This will be an opportunity most of these kids would never have. Trail ride will be moderate, something stock rigs can do, and afterward we'll hang for a bit, talk Jeeps with the kids, maybe pull some big rocks with our winches, who knows. The director is really excited about our presence and has lots of ideas.

A few things to note:
1) I received prior approval from Eddie before posting this
2) We (myself included) are not receiving any money for doing this
3) We're not soliciting donations for this event
4) We really just want you to show up with your Jeep and show a foster kid a good time
5) The goal here is to bless these kids. Thus, showing up in your Jeep but with no extra seats doesn't help that much. We'd still love to have you but, if possible, please leave as many open seats in your Jeep as possible so we can carry as many kids as possible.

A few special notes:
1) These kids come from really tough situations. Thus, the location of the camp is kept secret for their protection. It'll be within 2 hours of Denver. We'll meet up somewhere nearby and then I'll lead the way in. I'll share more details privately later for those coming.
5) On a similar note if you have immediate family members in the Colorado foster care system, please refrain from joining us. They need a week free from family and reminders of their past.

All that said, all you really need is a Jeep, a day off work, and a desire to make some foster kids really happy. We're going to have a great time.

If interested, please post up here:
1) If you can go
2) Preference on day of the week: Tues, Wed, or Thurs (June 6, 7, or 8)
3) Any questions you have

Going:
1) GraniteCrystal
2) krdadlamb (Thurs is best) - confirmed email
3) H8Roads (yes Thurs, maybe Wed) - confirmed email
5) Gnmaniatis - confirmed email
6) Boardsurfer - confirmed email
7) AnvilJK - confirmed email
8) Brute - confirmed email
9) Drew99 - confirmed email
10)

Maybe:
1) iClimbthings - confirmed email
2) Kyle7R - confirmed email
3)

Removed due to no response
1) CastleRockJeep (needs to double check with wife, Thurs best but Tues/Wed doable)
2) Big Blue
3) 5280Sapper
4) bigcale (no day preference)
5)

Scott

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

If you need a photographer for coverage, let me know. I'd be willing to donate my time

perschbacher.tumblr.com
Thanks! I know the camp has a photographer but that person is usually super busy so they may appreciate the help. I'll ask to see if that'd be appreciated and if there's any restrictions on taking/posting photos for security reasons.

Regardless of photo taking, does that mean you're in?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
This is awesome. Glad to see people who i consider good friends donating their own time, just to make a few kids smile for a few hours. Props to anyone that volunteers. I also agree, way to go on being respectful of the rules while doing the above. If colorado wasnt like a 20+ hour drive for me, id be in.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Couldn't agree more with this^^^^

Very cool...and thank you for being respectful of the rules.
Thanks guys.
This is awesome. Glad to see people who i consider good friends donating their own time, just to make a few kids smile for a few hours. Props to anyone that volunteers. I also agree, way to go on being respectful of the rules while doing the above. If colorado wasnt like a 20+ hour drive for me, id be in.

So....road trip? :)

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I really wish I could go. I MIGHT be able to swing it if it's on the Thursday, the 8th. I'll let you know as time gets closer. I think what you are doing is great for these kids! :thumb:

agiron

I should be able to go thursday-never mind I just realized that's my wife birthday. If it's one of the other days I'll request time off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom