Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: IT'S HERE : Jeep JK BIG Bore XD Steerng Gear Box - NOW SHIPPING

Nothing but a Thing boardsurfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Those of you running 37s and either of the Big Bores, did you break and/or upgrade your drag link with it or are you still running the stock one?
    I was already running the Synergy.

Those of you running 37s and either of the Big Bores, did you break and/or upgrade your drag link with it or are you still running the stock one?
    I bent the shit out of my OEM with the OEM box. The Big Bore would bend it in a heart beat. You need to upgrade it. I run a fusion 4x4 and am very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

I saw an aftermarket tie rod bend with both the PSC big bore and ram assist installed. Bent right at the clamp.

Hey guys just a quick update. I've had my box installed for a few hundred miles now; it turns like butter and is solid as a rock on the highway. However, I was curious if any of you guys have developed an audible tick when steering? It doesn't happen at any specific spot in the steering stroke and appears to be dependent how much load is on the box. It's difficult to pinpoint where the noise is coming from, and you can't feel the tick when touching the box .

I'll get in touch with PSC, but figured I would ask here first. Apologies for the spastic video

Yeah, that’s odd. It sounds like it it may in the linkage. Track bar, drag link and or tie rod ends can get a little play and make a sound like that. Definitely talk with PSC. Their customer service is top notch.

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkjon View Post
    Hey guys just a quick update. I've had my box installed for a few hundred miles now; it turns like butter and is solid as a rock on the highway. However, I was curious if any of you guys have developed an audible tick when steering? It doesn't happen at any specific spot in the steering stroke and appears to be dependent how much load is on the box. It's difficult to pinpoint where the noise is coming from, and you can't feel the tick when touching the box .

I'll get in touch with PSC, but figured I would ask here first. Apologies for the spastic video

I have noticed that when I turn in somewhere making a left, a left only I get a quick tick, I can't replicate the tick like you can by shifting left and right with your steering. Mine is usually with a hard left typically a 90 degree from a main road. Can't do it at slower speeds needs to be a sufficient 5 to 10 mph roll/coast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    Well, I just finished installing the PSC Big Bore XD Cylinder assist kit. (SK 281)

Psc included pre-made pressure lines, no need to use any of the OEM line for anything. They also included lots of parts for just in case scenarios 9hose fittings etc). The new steering box is a BEAST!! You will need help installing that if nothing else. The install instructions are nonexistent, there are some drawings that show routing for the hoses but not much else. I sent an email to PSC and asked if there are install instructions and they sent me a Youtube video put out by Havoc Offroad which was helpful but not complete. I got most of the install done but still had some questions so I called PSC and they were very helpful...

I'm running 37's on my JK and the difference is night and day!!! I can sit there and spin the wheel lock to lock with one finger. I've only done a short test drive and I'm very happy so far. I did detect a small leak at the steering box (probably just need to tighten a fitting).

So far my overall impression is Amazing. I can't wait to get out on the rocks and really test it out!

Great job Don! Now you need to trail test it.

That’s awesome, it is a great upgrade I use it with 40’s and love it as well makes turning so much easier.

Knows a Thing or Two Clearskies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Great job Don! Now you need to trail test it.
    I think the first Trail test is going to be the Rubicon in October!!

Quote Originally Posted by rogerk93 View Post
    That’s awesome, it is a great upgrade I use it with 40’s and love it as well makes turning so much easier.

It's like night and day. I did this kit knowing that in the future if I go bigger I'll be covered

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast