Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: IT'S HERE : Jeep JK BIG Bore XD Steerng Gear Box - NOW SHIPPING

Quote Originally Posted by metalic View Post
    Mel just posted he's running this on Spicey Chicken on 40s without hydro assist. I don't know if you seen but he bowed the hell out of the drag link.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I did not see that. I guess the "up to 37's" are in the description for a very good reason and after extensive testing lol.
    B.O.D. Build - 2014 Granite Crystal JKU - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...t-Build-Thread

This is AWESOME! So all u need to replace is the steering gear? The stock pump and reservoir are adequate enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_JK_Houston_711 View Post
    I did not see that. I guess the "up to 37's" are in the description for a very good reason and after extensive testing lol.
    I guarantee you that you would still bend a drag link with 37's especially being that you could apply so much more force with the steering gear alone. I personally would still recommend a PSC ram assist as it will help make steering a LOT easier and it would help alleviate the forces being placed on your drag link considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I guarantee you that you would still bend a drag link with 37's especially being that you could apply so much more force with the steering gear alone. I personally would still recommend a PSC ram assist as it will help make steering a LOT easier and it would help alleviate the forces being placed on your drag link considerably.
    I still think I will just do a ram, while I would love the box alone, the price jump to have the option of a ram later is just too much for me when I can get a full psc kit for a few hundred more than just the ported box.

Awesome product!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing NevadaZielmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    I still think I will just do a ram, while I would love the box alone, the price jump to have the option of a ram later is just too much for me when I can get a full psc kit for a few hundred more than just the ported box.
    You know, you bring up a good point. While I can see a consumer saving some money by getting this instead of the Ram Assist kit, there really does not seem to be a ton of benefit, especially for people who already run a Ram Assist kit. Maybe I am wrong here and I am open to anyone else's opinions on the matter.

My question to all of the Ram Assist users: Have any of you been able to damage or destroy the steering box while using Ram Assist?
    RubySky's Build:
    EVO Double Throw Down Front and Rear suspension with bypass system and EVO Lever
    EVO Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade
    Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle with Pro Steer Ball Joints, G2 35 Spline Placer Gold Axles, ProGrip Brakes
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 rear axle, full float with 5.38 gearing
    JE Reel 1350 drive shafts
    EVO Pro-Tek Skid Plate System
    PSC Extreme Duty Cylinder Steering Assist kit
    EVO Rear RockStops with King Air Bumps
    Nitto Trail Grapplers at 37x12.50x17

Fresh Catch
    This is awesome can't wait for April plus it would make a good birthday gift to myself!

Sent from my SM-G935T using WAYALIFE mobile app

nice upgrade

I'm also wondering what ported and balanced means

For those of us with ram assist, does this allow the system to run without the additional reservoir? would like to reclaim some engine compartment space.

I'm about to change plugs and already getting anxiety on accessing the passenger side lol

Cool

So a couple of weeks ago I was out at Sand Hollow shooting videos and stills for this year.
    We borrowed a JK from Twisted Jeeps in Moab.
    This JK has our 4" SPORT system on 35's.
    We found our self on a buggy trail and had to turn around.
    We started to really bind up the steering, I told the driver to take it easy as I didn't want to deal with a steering break.
    He let me know that it was the new box, no issues at all.

I spoke to PSC this am at length about the XD box. They just made the first ported one and haven't run it with hydroassist yet. Still determining pump size, reservoir, etc. The ported/balanced box is setup for hydro, but details aren't really there yet. It's typically the racers who break a sector shaft or something major after going hydroassist on the stock box. The XD box + hydroassist is really the racing or "extreme overkill" setup (per PSC). The box upgrade is a good choice for those avoiding hydroassist or who broke a stock box and are looking to upgrade.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast