Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: IT'S HERE : Jeep JK BIG Bore XD Steerng Gear Box - NOW SHIPPING

Quote Originally Posted by DP1120 View Post
    Did anyone ever really figure out what the ported and balanced means? I seen where it was mostly for the full race guys but what is done to it when the port and balance it compared to the normal one?
    That means they add a port to hook up the lines for the hydroassist setup to the larger XD box. Normal one does not have a port to hook up a hydrolic cylinder.

Quote Originally Posted by DP1120 View Post
    Did anyone ever really figure out what the ported and balanced means? I seen where it was mostly for the full race guys but what is done to it when the port and balance it compared to the normal one?
    From my understanding the ported and balanced is almost identical to the other one but with the new box you get the bigger shaft and such
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JKS
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assist

Quote Originally Posted by AdrockTT View Post
    That means they add a port to hook up the lines for the hydroassist setup to the larger XD box. Normal one does not have a port to hook up a hydrolic cylinder.
    Cool thanks for that. I was thinking internal porting for fluid flow of some sort for some reason.

nice

ok cool......now to find it in Europe!
    Just a 2.8 four banger diesel Jk Sahara with aev 2.5 dualsport xt lift and premium bumper and Cooper ST MAxx tires in 33"......

Fresh Catch

Nice

Very nice and not to bad on price either.

Yes please.

Been debating on ram assist since I slightly bent the drag link and upgraded it to a heavier duty one. This looks like what I would rather do though. I could go with this, and upgrade the tie rod, and should end up with a strong enough system for the wheeling I do, and at about $1K cheaper than the ram assist I was looking at.
    2011 JK Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I guarantee you that you would still bend a drag link with 37's especially being that you could apply so much more force with the steering gear alone. I personally would still recommend a PSC ram assist as it will help make steering a LOT easier and it would help alleviate the forces being placed on your drag link considerably.
    What if your running an aftermarket drag link?
    Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    I still think I will just do a ram, while I would love the box alone, the price jump to have the option of a ram later is just too much for me when I can get a full psc kit for a few hundred more than just the ported box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing AZ Explorer's Avatar

my 2 cents

I think this part will be great for a large number of people including myself. I have the Synergy drag link that came with the flip kit so that is stronger and will be switching to their tie rod as well soon. The key I think, is even with those upgrades, I don't really hard core wheel. I you ever see yourself trying the JKX stuff like in the WOL videos even on 35-37's then a ram assist seems like the proper thing to do. For the rest of us this new box is awesome. I will be purchasing one before the year is out. By then we may even see some good reviews from people who took a chance on the big stuff and survived. Like many said, if you already have the ram assist, there is no need to regret it. It's still the best game in town.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast