Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: IT'S HERE : Jeep JK BIG Bore XD Steerng Gear Box - NOW SHIPPING

Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    I've only had it on the road, but it's like turning a small tire. I did put it in 4 low and locked it up to test the system after the install. In forward, it had no problem turning up the 37s. In reverse, it's still a challenge to turn but not like it was. But thats not a normal situation that we'd encounter.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Nice thanks,
    Is your box ported and capped in case you wish to add ram assist in the future?

Been Around the Block wjtstudios's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VeruGE*144 View Post
    Nice thanks,
    Is your box ported and capped in case you wish to add ram assist in the future?

I believe so, there are two extra bolts or possible port locations on the gear when I compared it to the OEM. I didn't think of it at the time but it would make sense that what they were.

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Something else to keep in mind is that I also replaced the drag link when I did the big bore xd. Even with the stock gear, I had bent the OEM drag link turning 37s. I would have destroyed the OEM if it wasn't strengthened.

Yep... I had already been running different draglink and tie rod/track bar... didn't think about it, but I guessing it would be smart to replace that stock one!
    God's area code is 406!

Knows a Thing or Two Tylersilverjku's Avatar
    Hey guys! Quick question for those who are running this box or maybe just anyone who has more of an idea than me LOL

I just got my PSC box and I'm super stoked to have it installed, but I was curious on if I needed the lines and pump to go with it? From my understanding is I won't need to, but the current lines on the JK are super restrictive and I should make the switch eventually?

Main reason I'm asking is my current box is bad and I didn't want to pay the money in the first place but I choked it up and bought it and would rather not have to spend another $520 on top of the $900 I already paid for the box..

Thanks for any help guys I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tylersilverjku View Post
    Hey guys! Quick question for those who are running this box or maybe just anyone who has more of an idea than me LOL

I just got my PSC box and I'm super stoked to have it installed, but I was curious on if I needed the lines and pump to go with it? From my understanding is I won't need to, but the current lines on the JK are super restrictive and I should make the switch eventually?

Main reason I'm asking is my current box is bad and I didn't want to pay the money in the first place but I choked it up and bought it and would rather not have to spend another $520 on top of the $900 I already paid for the box..

Thanks for any help guys I appreciate it!

I did not upgrade them in mine and it does not require it. I may in the future though. Beyond that when my box worked it was great, but over a couple of weeks it developed a lot of play in the steering wheel. PSC is swapping the box for me. Great company!!

1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

I did not upgrade them in mine and it does not require it. I may in the future though. Beyond that when my box worked it was great, but over a couple of weeks it developed a lot of play in the steering wheel. PSC is swapping the box for me. Great company!!

Cool thanks for the info! Have you gotten the new box et?

Quote Originally Posted by Tylersilverjku View Post
    Cool thanks for the info! Have you gotten the new box et?

Not yet, I hope this week. But it is definitely worth the investment. I was up on Drummond island in Michigan all last week and even with the play in the box, it had no trouble moving the 37s on large rocks, sand and mud while locked up. As I stated above, I would strongly recommend a upgraded drag link. With the added power, It will bend a stock link easily.

1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Not yet, I hope this week. But it is definitely worth the investment. I was up on Drummond island in Michigan all last week and even with the play in the box, it had no trouble moving the 37s on large rocks, sand and mud while locked up. As I stated above, I would strongly recommend a upgraded drag link. With the added power, It will bend a stock link easily.

Did you post pics of your trip yet?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Did you post pics of your trip yet?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Not yet, still assembling them from the group. I'll get them up this week.

1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

That sounds badass man I'm excited to get mine In! I might hold off with the drag link for now and see how it goes, I'm only on 35s now with no lockers so I want to really test it and see! Thanks for the info again man keep us updated with the new box! I'm going in next Tuesday for mine woo!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast