Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: IT'S HERE : Jeep JK BIG Bore XD Steerng Gear Box - NOW SHIPPING

[QUOTE=SullivanM08;977359]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkjon View Post
    Where did u find the 3/8" 300psi hoses? U didn't buy the $85 psc one did u? Assuming I could go to a tractor supply and find some. Anything else besides the box and the 46mm socket to make this install easy?

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Ordered it by the foot from somewhere online but canít recall where - I went with contitech insta-grip 300 (similar if not the same as what psc supplies)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    [QUOTE=Jkjon;977372]
    Quote Originally Posted by SullivanM08 View Post

Ordered it by the foot from somewhere online but canít recall where - I went with contitech insta-grip 300 (similar if not the same as what psc supplies)

cool, good enough for me, how many feet would u suggest for the order?

Quote Originally Posted by DWiggles View Post
    What!? Mine didn't come with that little elbow on the downward pressure line... Sure as hell would have made my install a lot easier.
    Hey Iím getting ready to install a ram does the port with the elbow go to the passenger side of the ram (assuming it is mounted like the photo)

Did you use two straight fittings coming from the box? What did you go with on the ram side?

Thanks!

IMG_6714.jpg

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
    You don't need to replace anything else than this part. Hardest part is getting pitman arm off- and you will need a second person to line up the holes when mounting the box to the frame. I could not hold it in place and line up the bolts... but an extra set of hands did it fine. I used no special tools.... no power tools... so I would say it is a pretty easy part swap.
    Alright well I finally got around to it and got the BIG Bore XDII-R all mounted up. Took my time today took half a day or so. Most of the time for me was trying to figure out how to get the top right bolt out behind the spring. I Didnt have a long enough of extender so had to run out and grab those since I'm at my parents for the holidays. But over all the hardest thing was the dam pitman arm yet again. I did the two hammer method for quite a while then just ripped the whole thing out still attached to the drag link, and still mounted to the passenger side, so that's possible too haha. You just have to disconnect the track bar which u should be doing either way. I did it this way so that I could actually hit the pitman in the right direction of the way I wanted it to come off the taper. 20171227_115048.jpg20171227_115756.jpg20171227_115053.jpg
    Here's how I got it up there and just kinda used the ratchet, more so tied it to the front bumper. If I did it again I'd position the black hook on the non bolting side of the box so it can get free easier when u start setting bolts. I just used a screwdriver to find the bottom right hole on the box as it was the more accessiable and goes all the way through to help me set my first bolt. Two people would defently be easier.

Only one problem from the install and I read it somewhere but I guess I let it slip my mind or just was careless. The clock spring has been damage somehow and it's usually from too much movement in the steering wheel when u unattach from stock box. I actually was pretty careful about not moving the shaft but obviousally not enough. I noticed it right when I finished the install and drove it in a circle i kept hearing a scratching noise when I would turn in my steering wheel. Not a click or a snap, but like plastic rubbing. So I threw it back on the lift to turn the wheels and look around. Found this after a while:20171227_152919.jpg For now I got it all tucked back in there kinda neat so it dosent rip but just be careful I guess I don't really know what else to say to help others prevent theirs from breaking, but my other buddy had it happen to him on a Cherokee the other day.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Question for the guys on 40ís and one tons..

Iím about to order the psc steering box, ram, and pump. Should I go with the Xd big bore box or save the money and go with the standard box??

I want to keep the steering to feel normal as possible as I everyday drive this jeep right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmo View Post
    Question for the guys on 40ís and one tons..

Iím about to order the psc steering box, ram, and pump. Should I go with the Xd big bore box or save the money and go with the standard box??

I want to keep the steering to feel normal as possible as I everyday drive this jeep right now.

Save your money.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617