Thread: Headlight DRL help

Headlight DRL help

Hey jeepers,

Need help with a situation. I replaced my stock headlights with LED's and they require the DRL to be wiring into the fuse box in an ACC port? I've looked online and thought I had it in the right slot, but my dash flashed warnings saying the left and right overcharging ? Checked this by plugging in my super chips flash cal.

Any ideas? I appreciate any direction.
    2015 jku

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Knows a Thing or Two Goldeneagle1LC's Avatar
    Test the wiring harness for the lights and find a wire that is hot when the Key is on. Tap into that wire. thats how I have mine set up

Quote Originally Posted by Cpeters View Post
    Hey jeepers,

Need help with a situation. I replaced my stock headlights with LED's and they require the DRL to be wiring into the fuse box in an ACC port? I've looked online and thought I had it in the right slot, but my dash flashed warnings saying the left and right overcharging ? Checked this by plugging in my super chips flash cal.

Any ideas? I appreciate any direction.
    2015 jku

Thanks
    Could you elaborate on which headlights you are installing? Different models will have their own harness.

Welcome btw, good to see another local.

Fresh Catch
    m8 or m9 on the fuse box

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneagle1LC View Post
    Test the wiring harness for the lights and find a wire that is hot when the Key is on. Tap into that wire. thats how I have mine set up
    this is how i did it as well