Easter Jeep Safari

Brute

Hooked
I hope everyone that was going has already registered online for trails...they are almost all full...registration started this morning @ 10:00 am MST

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
During the EJS most trails will be closed to the public...

You could try Area BFE, which I believe is privately owned and use a "donation" fee structure...in addition, there could be a couple trails available on certain days, but you should contact the Red Rocks 4x4 club for details...ok to post their website?

Brute

Hooked
This is not true. There are a lot of trails that are open. You just need to pick your days. Also there are still a lot of trails available to sign up for.

This is actually more correct...what I meant to say was that while the RR4X4 club is running the trails, they are not accessible by the public...but they are not running every trail every day...you need to check out the trail grid on their website to know which days they are not running any particular trail...and you could run them ahead or behind them...

As far as trail registration with the EJS, most of the popular 4-6 rated trails in the middle of the week are full...there are quite a few trails open near the end of the week...Fri & Sat...as of 24 hrs after registration opened. I also suspect that some more spots will open later, as the registration overwhelmed the website (but not nearly as bad as last year), and there were payment errors resulting in multiple users taking trail spots that will clear up.

Tanktitan

Considering EJS, for the first time. Wife and 7 year old. How many people is it just crazy?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last year was my first. I was only there the first three days, as it was otherwise sold out for what they would let me run with my (then) stock Rubicon (I see that is what you have).

It was not crazy bad. Everyone there was great. If you want to talk with people that are walking the walk, it is a great place to watch, talk and learn first hand about Jeeps. If you are not running trails you can go watch, talk and learn.

You best decide right away as you will only be allowed to run 2 - 4 rated trails and they are selling out. Don't worry, those trails are great scenery and an adrenaline blast at times. And you will be glad you have the Rubicon as you scrape the bottom over ledges.

WisconsinDan

I didn't mention in profile but Rubicon has 4.5" lift and 37s. Does that open up trail options? I do know time is short. I think I'll reserve today if I can find a room or condo to rent

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
This is actually more correct...what I meant to say was that while the RR4X4 club is running the trails, they are not accessible by the public...but they are not running every trail every day...you need to check out the trail grid on their website to know which days they are not running any particular trail...and you could run them ahead or behind them...

As far as trail registration with the EJS, most of the popular 4-6 rated trails in the middle of the week are full...there are quite a few trails open near the end of the week...Fri & Sat...as of 24 hrs after registration opened. I also suspect that some more spots will open later, as the registration overwhelmed the website (but not nearly as bad as last year), and there were payment errors resulting in multiple users taking trail spots that will clear up.

there are also only a certain set of trails that are specific to RR4W and will be closed to the general public. all others as mentioned can be run anytime.

Last few years there was always a few that hung out at the staging areas that would follow the group, I think they're going to try and control that better this year but if the trail isn't marked as RR4W only you can run it.

BTW I'll be there, always a fun time :thumb:

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
You can download a copy of the safari magazine online at the club website. It'll show which trails RR4W have exclusive use of (about 9 trails and only on certain days) plus trail ratings and descriptions, and what vehicle mods they recommend for each trail.

Moab is very busy that week but that is half the fun. Highly modified Jeeps as far as the eye can see, free food, trade show, Jeep exhibits, manufacturer swag, and a lot of camaraderie. Yes, you may have to wait a few extra minutes for a table at a restaurant, but as long as you know that going in, it's not too bad. I usually check out vehicles in the parking lot while I wait. I would recommend going during the safari at least once just to experience it. I hate crowds and am impatient when it comes to food, but love the EJS and have been attending since the 90's. I eat a snack before we go out to eat, get a drink from the bar while I wait and just enjoy the Jeep vibe!

colbymiller23

You can download a copy of the safari magazine online at the club website. It'll show which trails RR4W have exclusive use of (about 9 trails and only on certain days) plus trail ratings and descriptions, and what vehicle mods they recommend for each trail.

Moab is very busy that week but that is half the fun. Highly modified Jeeps as far as the eye can see, free food, trade show, Jeep exhibits, manufacturer swag, and a lot of camaraderie. Yes, you may have to wait a few extra minutes for a table at a restaurant, but as long as you know that going in, it's not too bad. I usually check out vehicles in the parking lot while I wait. I would recommend going during the safari at least once just to experience it. I hate crowds and am impatient when it comes to food, but love the EJS and have been attending since the 90's. I eat a snack before we go out to eat, get a drink from the bar while I wait and just enjoy the Jeep vibe!
That sounds awesome I can't wait!

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom