dash cam's what do u have

srosario

im interested on getting a dash cam and would like to know what u guys are using and would recommend, so many out there.
i would be buying for both cars.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Evil

We use Roscoe cams in all our commercial trucks. Cameras kick ass but are pricey. If I ever do a dash cam or windshield mounted cam Im saving up for one.

Kaylinator

I'm really liking the looks of the Waylens. Considering for my Jeep. Brother in law is looking at one for his race car.

🇨🇦 eh?

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
BlackVue 650. Its fantastic. Below is a phone screenshot of the recording via the app. It records in 1080p and it has good pickup at night as well.

IMG_8748.jpg

Last edited:

Frydaddy

I would recommend getting a DVR that records front and back.

I went cheap and bought a $60 chinese POS from amazon. Works great for me. and has already caught some neat events.

Here is where I put my rear camera. My spare doesn't have a cap, so I have a great view of everything behind me.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I currently don't have a dashcam in the Jeep, mainly because I get caught in the rain ALL the time :rolleyes2:

But in my Tacoma (my daily driver), I run a Blackbox G1W-c. I love it, it was cheap yet really good quality. If I remember later tonight I'll post a video clip from when I got rear ended. It's only about $75.00 on Amazon, but keep it mind it doesn't have GPS, and it's kind of ugly IMO. I am upgrading to the Blackvue DR650s-2CH so I can have front/rear coverage.

Blue92

BlackVue 650. Its fantastic. Below is a phone screenshot of the recording via the app. It records in 1080p and it has good pickup at night as well.

View attachment 240667

That is a good shot. I would go with the dual channel to get front and rear, mostly due to the fact my '14 Ram 1500 has gotten me addicted to having the back-up view. Many close calls with a crew cab in parking lots, video helps and tells the story when close becomes too close.

I don't even want to guess how that driver ended up on their side in the middle of a nearly straight highway and a fairly nice day.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
That is a good shot. I would go with the dual channel to get front and rear, mostly due to the fact my '14 Ram 1500 has gotten me addicted to having the back-up view. Many close calls with a crew cab in parking lots, video helps and tells the story when close becomes too close.

I don't even want to guess how that driver ended up on their side in the middle of a nearly straight highway and a fairly nice day.

I got the single channel because I wasn't quite sure where to put the rear facing camera with the soft top. I have a backup camera that I installed in the Evo Fascia which is quite handy.

The young lady fell asleep and drifted to the right rumble strip. She over corrected left, then right, then left again and skidded into the median where she flopped on the wire barrier. She didn't have a scratch on her, wear your seatbelt everyone.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I got the single channel because I wasn't quite sure where to put the rear facing camera with the soft top. I have a backup camera that I installed in the Evo Fascia which is quite handy.

The young lady fell asleep and drifted to the right rumble strip. She over corrected left, then right, then left again and skidded into the median where she flopped on the wire barrier. She didn't have a scratch on her, wear your seatbelt everyone.

Wow, that is crazy. You did have a great picture on that camera. Thank you for stopping as well, so many people just drive by accidents after they happen right in front of them. I feel it's a citizen's duty to help other people in need!

gheller

I've been looking into 2ch dash cams with a good parking mode and I had come to either the Black Vue 650, Black Sys ch100B, the ThinkWare 770 and the newest LG D 521.

Ultimately I will be going with the LG because it has better video quality than the rest (except for the ThinkWare) but also has all the features I want as well as an extra long hard wire kit to allow for wiring into the jk fuse box under the hood.
Really looks to be a good system

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

IgotaWoody39

Silver Wolf,,,,how do yu like the LG dash cam,,,,?? Ive checked the specs on it after you mentioned it in the article,,,,,so how is it...looking at getting sevrral for my vehicles....any insight would be great,,,,,

gheller

Silver Wolf,,,,how do yu like the LG dash cam,,,,?? Ive checked the specs on it after you mentioned it in the article,,,,,so how is it...looking at getting sevrral for my vehicles....any insight would be great,,,,,

I can't compare it to anything else since this is the first dashcam I've owned but I'm very happy with its video quality and performance so far.
I keep it in "Event" mode while the Jeep is running so that it only records when there is an impact.
If I see something worthy of recording that did not set off the G sensor I can simply tap the cam and it starts recording for 30 seconds. (Captures 10 seconds prior to G sensor impact)
I bought it at Blackboxmycar. Great customer service and they have reviews and sample video footage to see.

I actually have this cheap piece... Amebay Dash Cam 2.4'' FHD 1080p Car Driving Camera DVR Video Recorder with Loop Recording,G-Sensor(Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F3IS212/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_pUvBzbAF9Q70Q Got for a gift and works surprisingly well. the interface is a bit clunky but vid quality isn't half bad and works as expected

Does it only record when the jeep is on or do you have to turn it on manually? Looking for something in the event of a accident and you need the footage if someone tries to lie, etc. thanks!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Does it only record when the jeep is on or do you have to turn it on manually? Looking for something in the event of a accident and you need the footage if someone tries to lie, etc. thanks!

Wired to ignition so I use it just like you're wanting. Just loops and I grab footage if something happens. Added bonus - gets offroad footage too :)

You can actually wire it to the battery and use its motion sensor as well for when youre not driving. For $28 i thought it wasnt bad. Note that to hard wire it you'll need to make your own cable out of a usb cable and a step down voltage adapter. Really easy to do.

Top Bottom