Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dash cam's what do u have

dash cam's what do u have

im interested on getting a dash cam and would like to know what u guys are using and would recommend, so many out there.
    i would be buying for both cars.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

We use Roscoe cams in all our commercial trucks. Cameras kick ass but are pricey. If I ever do a dash cam or windshield mounted cam Im saving up for one.

I'm really liking the looks of the Waylens. Considering for my Jeep. Brother in law is looking at one for his race car.

🇨🇦 eh?

Been Around the Block USMMA11NC's Avatar

BlackVue 650. Its fantastic. Below is a phone screenshot of the recording via the app. It records in 1080p and it has good pickup at night as well.

IMG_8748.jpg
    Last edited by USMMA11NC; 01-25-2017 at 04:36 AM.

I would recommend getting a DVR that records front and back.

I went cheap and bought a $60 chinese POS from amazon. Works great for me. and has already caught some neat events.

Here is where I put my rear camera. My spare doesn't have a cap, so I have a great view of everything behind me.

I currently don't have a dashcam in the Jeep, mainly because I get caught in the rain ALL the time

But in my Tacoma (my daily driver), I run a Blackbox G1W-c. I love it, it was cheap yet really good quality. If I remember later tonight I'll post a video clip from when I got rear ended. It's only about $75.00 on Amazon, but keep it mind it doesn't have GPS, and it's kind of ugly IMO. I am upgrading to the Blackvue DR650s-2CH so I can have front/rear coverage.
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by USMMA11NC View Post
    BlackVue 650. Its fantastic. Below is a phone screenshot of the recording via the app. It records in 1080p and it has good pickup at night as well.

IMG_8748.jpg
    That is a good shot. I would go with the dual channel to get front and rear, mostly due to the fact my '14 Ram 1500 has gotten me addicted to having the back-up view. Many close calls with a crew cab in parking lots, video helps and tells the story when close becomes too close.

I don't even want to guess how that driver ended up on their side in the middle of a nearly straight highway and a fairly nice day.

Been Around the Block USMMA11NC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue92 View Post
    That is a good shot. I would go with the dual channel to get front and rear, mostly due to the fact my '14 Ram 1500 has gotten me addicted to having the back-up view. Many close calls with a crew cab in parking lots, video helps and tells the story when close becomes too close.

I don't even want to guess how that driver ended up on their side in the middle of a nearly straight highway and a fairly nice day.
    I got the single channel because I wasn't quite sure where to put the rear facing camera with the soft top. I have a backup camera that I installed in the Evo Fascia which is quite handy.

The young lady fell asleep and drifted to the right rumble strip. She over corrected left, then right, then left again and skidded into the median where she flopped on the wire barrier. She didn't have a scratch on her, wear your seatbelt everyone.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by USMMA11NC View Post

IMG_8748.jpg
    Exactly what I have...plus the rear camera as well!

Tim

thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by srosario; 01-26-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast