Front LCA recommendations

10abadilla/jk

LCA's. I am replacing the front lowers and removing the cam bolts. I am fixing the cam bolt slots on the lca brackets with these teraflex cam elimination washers. And welding them to the brackets.
20170125_145239-1.jpg
I am looking to get some recommendations for adjustable LCA's. Thank you all so much in advance.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Clayton Offroad, they also use johnny joints. been on my Jeep for last 130k miles.

I took the joint apart once since I'm horrible at greasing them but only had to replace 1 set of joints, cleaned up the rest new grease and good to go.

I got hit in the front axle 3 years ago, pretty much everything got damaged except the Clayton control arms.

In talking with the Clayton guys at EJS and telling them how the arms held up, they informed me if they do get damaged they would replace them :thumb

WJCO

Meme King
Although I've only had them a short time. I went with Core 4x4 arms. Their highest level ones have a Johnny Joint on one end and are made in the US from 5/16" steel. They also claim to warranty them against any breaks. Again, I've only had them a short time, but working fine so far and feel really well made.

10abadilla/jk

Although I've only had them a short time. I went with Core 4x4 arms. Their highest level ones have a Johnny Joint on one end and are made in the US from 5/16" steel. They also claim to warranty them against any breaks. Again, I've only had them a short time, but working fine so far and feel really well made.
These are the ones I have been looking into. Tier 3. I think I may end up going this route. The warranty sold me. How do you like them so far?

WJCO

Meme King
These are the ones I have been looking into. Tier 3. I think I may end up going this route. The warranty sold me. How do you like them so far?

Well, my word is only so good here because I've only owned them a short time....I've had the rear ones on for 2 months and the front ones on for 2 weeks, so not a lot of time with these things. They look and feel very strong though. The customer service is awesome too. They delayed shipping for 5 days or so which I didn't even care about or bug them about and they sent me a 10% off coupon for my next order along with an apology note. I've heard from several other WJ owners that the arms were good quality, that's why I went with them. Haven't heard any feedback from a JK owner at all. One thing I noticed right away, it tightened up the rear axle a lot, I could tell on the first test drive. As far as the front axle, my steering feels way smoother, not that it bound before, but steering feels smoother, again I noticed that right away, I assume with the Johnny Joint flexing instead of a rubber bushing binding.

One negative thing I've noticed so far is that with a Johnny Joint, I do hear more noises, but I kinda expected that too. Another negative is they didn't come with instructions. I had to email them to see where they recommended putting the adjustable end. I found pictures online of them at the axle and at the frame. They told me that the adjustable end is usually at the frame. Also, the Johnny Joint sleeve length was shorter than my OEM sleeve so the new arms come with spacers to clear that up. Again, no instructions on where to put them. The rear was easy to figure out, but the front was quite confusing. Turned out the spacers went on the outboard side of the axle mount but the inboard side of the frame mount (or vice versa), it was the only way I could get them to fit, I had to stagger them. I went with the Tier 3 on front and rear.

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Well, my word is only so good here because I've only owned them a short time....I've had the rear ones on for 2 months and the front ones on for 2 weeks, so not a lot of time with these things. They look and feel very strong though. The customer service is awesome too. They delayed shipping for 5 days or so which I didn't even care about or bug them about and they sent me a 10% off coupon for my next order along with an apology note. I've heard from several other WJ owners that the arms were good quality, that's why I went with them. Haven't heard any feedback from a JK owner at all. One thing I noticed right away, it tightened up the rear axle a lot, I could tell on the first test drive. As far as the front axle, my steering feels way smoother, not that it bound before, but steering feels smoother, again I noticed that right away, I assume with the Johnny Joint flexing instead of a rubber bushing binding.

One negative thing I've noticed so far is that with a Johnny Joint, I do hear more noises, but I kinda expected that too. Another negative is they didn't come with instructions. I had to email them to see where they recommended putting the adjustable end. I found pictures online of them at the axle and at the frame. They told me that the adjustable end is usually at the frame. Also, the Johnny Joint sleeve length was shorter than my OEM sleeve so the new arms come with spacers to clear that up. Again, no instructions on where to put them. The rear was easy to figure out, but the front was quite confusing. Turned out the spacers went on the outboard side of the axle mount but the inboard side of the frame mount (or vice versa), it was the only way I could get them to fit, I had to stagger them. I went with the Tier 3 on front and rear.

I've checked out their site and although I have not gotten any I really like what I am reading and would go with them.

10abadilla/jk

I really appreciate that information. You probably covered a lot of basis to prevent me from asking a ton of questions when they arrive. Thank you so much!

WJCO

Meme King
Just for a visual reference of the spacers, here's what I'm talking about.

You'll see that on the rear, the spacers are on the same side, but the front wouldn't work that way.

DSC04706.JPG

DSC04702.JPG

10abadilla/jk

Just for a visual reference of the spacers, here's what I'm talking about.

You'll see that on the rear, the spacers are on the same side, but the front wouldn't work that way.

View attachment 240988

View attachment 240987
Awesome Thank you for those. I'm hoping mine as well come with spacers. I didnt pay much attention to the hardware supplied just what the bushing and johnny joints were and what the control arms where made of.

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome Thank you for those. I'm hoping mine as well come with spacers. I didnt pay much attention to the hardware supplied just what the bushing and johnny joints were and what the control arms where made of.

It's not on their website either. I didn't find out until I went to install them and realized it wasn't going to work. Luckily I hadn't thrown the box away. I dug through the plastic and found a little package of those aluminum spacers.

10abadilla/jk

It's not on their website either. I didn't find out until I went to install them and realized it wasn't going to work. Luckily I hadn't thrown the box away. I dug through the plastic and found a little package of those aluminum spacers.
Good to know. I'll just have to fight with setting my caster after the cam bolt elimination fix and the new control arms. I appreciate the information.

zimm

Caught the Bug
My Rock Krawler arms are a major PITA to adjust. I'd rather buy new arms than deal with setting them again.

The BAD Influence

After reading the posts regarding Core 4x4 I decided to drop by their shop and check them out. Had business near them today so I went in. Spence gave me the tour. Let me handle and inspect tier two, three and four arms. They are incredible. He was honest with me and said I'd be fine with the three's. I was really impressed. Give my stamp of approval.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

After reading the posts regarding Core 4x4 I decided to drop by their shop and check them out. Had business near them today so I went in. Spence gave me the tour. Let me handle and inspect tier two, three and four arms. They are incredible. He was honest with me and said I'd be fine with the three's. I was really impressed. Give my stamp of approval.

That's awesome. Great to hear such a good review.

WJCO

Meme King

So they really do build them where they say they do? That is indeed a good sign, lol.

Top Bottom