Evo quarter pounder with warn vr8 winch

Dopey84

My question is with this bumper what fairlead is everyone using and why... this winch looks like it comes with fairlead however what other options have you chosen . Pictures would be nice as well.

Dopey

Napalm

EVO 1/4 Pounder with a Warn VR8000 Gen1. I am using the rollar fairlead that came with the VR series winch. Only used it a few times for some tests..but works great! :) Install was super easy too.

IMG_1420.jpg

And one with the Warn cover.

IMG_1423.jpg

Dopey84

Looks good however that doesn't look like the one in the picture so I'm curious if the fairlead will be enough as I was also considering evo fairlead as well

Dopey

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea usually steel cable comes with a roller fairlead but if warm is selling that fairlead with steel cable than they must have tested it. I doubt they would otherwise.

Dopey84

Yea usually steel cable comes with a roller fairlead but if warm is selling that fairlead with steel cable than they must have tested it. I doubt they would otherwise.

This was my thought as well but I read a few other posts on here and it got me questioning things but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes

Dopey

sipafz

Caught the Bug
This was my thought as well but I read a few other posts on here and it got me questioning things but I'll give it a shot and see how it goes

Dopey

I have been asking about this as well. I don't know this is a fact or anything, but I think Warn switched to the less expensive hawse fairlead on the 2nd generation (VR8, 10 & 12) to cut cost. That being said, the gen. 2's look to be a bit more rigid and have a better control box so I guess they put more money in other areas.

I ended up ordering a gen. 1 VR8000 from Rock Hard 4x4 today for $399, no tax and free shipping. That's a $100 less than the VR8 and comes with the normal roller fairlead. It's a proven, reliable design and I'm happy to support Rock Hard 4x4 since they are an active supporting Wayalife vendor.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I ditched the roller fairlead and bought the hawse from Warn for a cleaner look. They have a steel hawse for running cable vs. the aluminum hawse for synthetic... View attachment 241279

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Good looking Jeep and thanks for the info on hawse fairlead! I know some others have been wondering about using a hawse fairlead with steel cable winches as well. No issues with the steel on steel?

AJE

I also replaced the roller fairlead with a steel hawse fairlead, it's less prone to damage and one last thing to worry about. It handles the steel cable fine, once the paint is scraped off you just have to keep up on rust.

20150816_113746.jpeg
20150817_191852.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom