Thread: Evo quarter pounder

Evo quarter pounder

Evo quarter pounder install with d rings Install question... on my 2007 jku is it necessary to cut off the front crash bar or can it be mounted with it in place...? Also with this year jku i shouldn't need to replace the vacuum correct..? Any help would be appreciated as this purchase is about to be made and want to prepare as much as I can before it gets here for a quick install... I also am order the gen 2 warn vr8 any input on the install with these two items together as far as install or the setup in general would also be nice please post pics if you have this setup or any of the gen2's... the revolution stinger will be purchased with taxes getting excited for some new upgrades it's been a while...

Dopey

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopey84 View Post
    Evo quarter pounder install with d rings Install question... on my 2007 jku is it necessary to cut off the front crash bar or can it be mounted with it in place...? Also with this year jku i shouldn't need to replace the vacuum correct..? Any help would be appreciated as this purchase is about to be made and want to prepare as much as I can before it gets here for a quick install... I also am order the gen 2 warn vr8 any input on the install with these two items together as far as install or the setup in general would also be nice please post pics if you have this setup or any of the gen2's... the revolution stinger will be purchased with taxes getting excited for some new upgrades it's been a while...

Dopey
    I just installed mine.

Crash bar has to come back. I actually took it fully off. No need to replace/relocate vacuum on an 07. I found it easier to keep the winch off and start installing the Bumper. Then put the winch on and get everything tighten up. I was glad I installed the stinger on the Bumper when it wasn't on the jeep. I love mine!

Quote Originally Posted by mastrcruse View Post
    I just installed mine.

Crash bar has to come back. I actually took it fully off. No need to replace/relocate vacuum on an 07. I found it easier to keep the winch off and start installing the Bumper. Then put the winch on and get everything tighten up. I was glad I installed the stinger on the Bumper when it wasn't on the jeep. I love mine!
    Do you have any pictures of the process or finish after all is cut off

Dopey

Yep, the crash bar has got to gooo. So worth it though for the EVO 1/4 Pounder.

Dopey
    As mentioned crash bar has to go and the vacuum pump doesn't need to be relocated.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Chop that nasty ass crash bar off, Install the bumper (if you're doing the stinger I installed that on the bumper first, notched the outside of the frame horns), leave it loose on all 8 bolts to give yourself some working room.

Then toss the winch in there, bolt it down and torque. Run the wires under the grill, inside of the body mount, up with wiring harness on the passenger side up to the batter and make you connections there. Then torque all 8 of the bolts on the frame horns.

Gen2 10S fits like a charm. Use the fairlead tab to position it centered on the bumper.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Image1485660091.498256.jpg
    Image1485660147.904950.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tgoss View Post
    Chop that nasty ass crash bar off, Install the bumper (if you're doing the stinger I installed that on the bumper first, notched the outside of the frame horns), leave it loose on all 8 bolts to give yourself some working room.

Then toss the winch in there, bolt it down and torque. Run the wires under the grill, inside of the body mount, up with wiring harness on the passenger side up to the batter and make you connections there. Then torque all 8 of the bolts on the frame horns.

Gen2 10S fits like a charm. Use the fairlead tab to position it centered on the bumper.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Image1485660091.498256.jpg
    Image1485660147.904950.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thank you... how did you mount that light bar... the bumper didn't look like it had much room to mount a light bar...

Dopey

Thank you... how did you mount that light bar... the bumper didn't look like it had much room to mount a light bar...

Dopey
    It's a hodgepodge of evo's fairlead light mount, kc 20" universal mount and Baja designs mounts.

Hmmm looks good

Dopey

Evo quarter pounder

Can anyone give comparison between the warn vr8000 gen 1 and the gen 2 aside from the new cleaner look
    Pros
    Cons

Dopey