Evo quarter pounder

Dopey84

Evo quarter pounder install with d rings Install question... on my 2007 jku is it necessary to cut off the front crash bar or can it be mounted with it in place...? Also with this year jku i shouldn't need to replace the vacuum correct..? Any help would be appreciated as this purchase is about to be made and want to prepare as much as I can before it gets here for a quick install... I also am order the gen 2 warn vr8 any input on the install with these two items together as far as install or the setup in general would also be nice please post pics if you have this setup or any of the gen2's... the revolution stinger will be purchased with taxes getting excited for some new upgrades it's been a while...

Dopey

mastrcruse

Evo quarter pounder install with d rings Install question... on my 2007 jku is it necessary to cut off the front crash bar or can it be mounted with it in place...? Also with this year jku i shouldn't need to replace the vacuum correct..? Any help would be appreciated as this purchase is about to be made and want to prepare as much as I can before it gets here for a quick install... I also am order the gen 2 warn vr8 any input on the install with these two items together as far as install or the setup in general would also be nice please post pics if you have this setup or any of the gen2's... the revolution stinger will be purchased with taxes getting excited for some new upgrades it's been a while...

Dopey

I just installed mine.

Crash bar has to come back. I actually took it fully off. No need to replace/relocate vacuum on an 07. I found it easier to keep the winch off and start installing the Bumper. Then put the winch on and get everything tighten up. I was glad I installed the stinger on the Bumper when it wasn't on the jeep. I love mine!

Dopey84

I just installed mine.

Crash bar has to come back. I actually took it fully off. No need to replace/relocate vacuum on an 07. I found it easier to keep the winch off and start installing the Bumper. Then put the winch on and get everything tighten up. I was glad I installed the stinger on the Bumper when it wasn't on the jeep. I love mine!

Do you have any pictures of the process or finish after all is cut off

Dopey

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Dopey

As mentioned crash bar has to go and the vacuum pump doesn't need to be relocated.

tgoss

Chop that nasty ass crash bar off, Install the bumper (if you're doing the stinger I installed that on the bumper first, notched the outside of the frame horns), leave it loose on all 8 bolts to give yourself some working room.

Then toss the winch in there, bolt it down and torque. Run the wires under the grill, inside of the body mount, up with wiring harness on the passenger side up to the batter and make you connections there. Then torque all 8 of the bolts on the frame horns.

Gen2 10S fits like a charm. Use the fairlead tab to position it centered on the bumper.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Image1485660091.498256.jpg
Image1485660147.904950.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dopey84

Chop that nasty ass crash bar off, Install the bumper (if you're doing the stinger I installed that on the bumper first, notched the outside of the frame horns), leave it loose on all 8 bolts to give yourself some working room.

Then toss the winch in there, bolt it down and torque. Run the wires under the grill, inside of the body mount, up with wiring harness on the passenger side up to the batter and make you connections there. Then torque all 8 of the bolts on the frame horns.

Gen2 10S fits like a charm. Use the fairlead tab to position it centered on the bumper.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

View attachment 241257
View attachment 241258

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you... how did you mount that light bar... the bumper didn't look like it had much room to mount a light bar...

Dopey

tgoss

Thank you... how did you mount that light bar... the bumper didn't look like it had much room to mount a light bar...

Dopey

It's a hodgepodge of evo's fairlead light mount, kc 20" universal mount and Baja designs mounts.

Dopey84

Can anyone give comparison between the warn vr8000 gen 1 and the gen 2 aside from the new cleaner look
Pros
Cons

Dopey

Top Bottom