35 spline vs 30 spline

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Questions regarding axle shafts. Wanting to go with 35 spline shafts or would it be better going with 30 spline and doing 32 spline in the rear as they would be more common? Or do a lot of people Carry 35 spares? I have d30 from and 44 rear if you're wondering. Going to start building a pro rock soon.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Questions regarding axle shafts. Wanting to go with 35 spline shafts or would it be better going with 30 spline and doing 32 spline in the rear as they would be more common? Or do a lot of people Carry 35 spares? I have d30 from and 44 rear if you're wondering. Going to start building a pro rock soon.

Call Dynatrac about your options. Pretty sure the only way you can do 35 spline fronts is with RCVs.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Been thinking of buying parts through out the year and trying to find sales and then buying a pro rock during Black Friday and finding the deal with the free ball joints.

jagrubb99

Yes. Was tossing the idea around of doing a 32 spline in the rear invade I broke a shaft a replacement would be more source able.

Your issue will be the rubicon and non rubicon housings are not the same. You cant run a rubi locker or shafts in a sport 44 housing. Unless i misread your post and you were looking at swapping the rear housing also?

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Your issue will be the rubicon and non rubicon housings are not the same. You cant run a rubi locker or shafts in a sport 44 housing. Unless i misread your post and you were looking at swapping the rear housing also?

Was thinking of buying a rubi rear. But just going to go with a 35 spline Arb and shafts.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Was thinking of buying a rubi rear. But just going to go with a 35 spline Arb and shafts.

Don't buy a rubi rear. Stick with the sport rear and do 35 splines and arb as you mentioned. It's a better option and cheaper in the end cause your saving money on not buying a new housing.

WJCO

Meme King
Dynatrac came out with their own, these are the ones I'm going with on my ProRock build...

https://www.dynatrac.com/axleshaft-kits/axleshaft-kits/jk44-front-axleshaft-upgrade-kit.html

The dynatrac Ed are only 30 spline. I think I'm just going to go with 35 spline and spend the extra 500. Or go 30 spline and use the extra 500 for another set.. decisions decisions.

These are the ones I got. Can't comment on them too much as I've only had them a short time and Dynatrac has only had them out a short time. With that being said, I have full trust in them based on Dynatrac's reputation of quality.

First, thanks for all the great Dynatrac comments guys! We strive to only put out products that give people nothing but positive comments to post!

You mention you have a D30 up front, I might have lost it reading everything, but what is your plan on that front?

There are lots of options for you to look at. best recommendation is to give us a call at 714-421-4314 or email us at sales@dynatrac.com and talk to one of our techs that can take in all your info, what other upgrades you've got in mind, and come up with a solid axle plan for your Jeep that will cover everything you want to do. That way you'll be spending your money right, while also not spending money you don't need to! ;-)

Top Bottom